• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So we know about SAD in the winter months..

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

But does anyone feel depressed from sunlight? I hate summer. I don't do well in the heat, and the longer days make me upset. I really prefer cloudy and rainy days. I feel more myself. I haven't found much info on this, so I'm wondering if anyone out there feels the same?

90s_cat

90s_cat

I’m the same way. Summer depression isn’t as common as winter depression, but I think it is a type of SAD.

For me, I really can’t stand how physically uncomfortable I am in the heat of summer and I hate bugs. People are louder, too; lots of late night parties and things. The long days make me feel anxious, like I can’t calm down and relax. I love fall and winter though, it’s so calm and quiet, and I actually get to be active outside in those seasons.

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

I’m the same way. Summer depression isn’t as common as winter depression, but I think it is a type of SAD.

For me, I really can’t stand how physically uncomfortable I am in the heat of summer and I hate bugs. People are louder, too; lots of late night parties and things. The long days make me feel anxious, like I can’t calm down and relax. I love fall and winter though, it’s so calm and quiet, and I actually get to be active outside in those seasons.
Yep, too much noise. As the afternoon hits I lose motivation and now I sit here feeling terrible. I like the night though. The sunlight changing throughout the day makes me so unhappy, no matter what time of year it is.

J

Jrchmn

Over the last few months there’s been several threads here about summer sad. I think with covid more people will be feeling this way. Over lock down many of my neighbours have done things with their gardens hot tubs etc. During the day time there are screaming children and DIY noise then in the evening bbq smells and loud music. In both the uk and USA seasonal affective syndrome has been replaced by the term seasonal depression. The guidelines for doctors is to treat this the same as any other depression. Research has pretty much stopped, there’s very little good advice out there and the cure all anti depressant pill is being prescribed. The positive news is that with smart homes bio hacking etc there’s never been as much research into sleep patterns etc. If you are able to lock at what’s different in you’re environment in your difficult and research how to control that and any symptoms such as sleep problems you can improve things.
Black out blinds, sun glasses/transition lens, air filters, preparation during your better season.

A

anyajp

its nice in summer but with a nice gentle cooling breeze in the air.
This week, in my area, theres been a mini heat wave..and its really taken it out of me.
Right now, im at home listening to chill out music with a nice fan on in my bedroom...I actually feel content right now..god knows how ill feel tomorrow though...wish me luck! lol

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

its nice in summer but with a nice gentle cooling breeze in the air.
This week, in my area, theres been a mini heat wave..and its really taken it out of me.
Right now, im at home listening to chill out music with a nice fan on in my bedroom...I actually feel content right now..god knows how ill feel tomorrow though...wish me luck! lol
I wish you all the luck! Im bleaching my hair today, not such a good idea in this heat, but now i cant stop 😖