• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So uh...did I just climax to that?

T

ThatGuy104

I’m not going to beat around the bush with this post and I’ll tell you guys how it is, I’m going to be tmi only because when I beat around the bush a lot of times people have no idea what I’m talking about

So today, this morning might I add, I had the urge to watch some adult material, it was a video, a solo woman video and I finished but here’s why the problem starts, while finishing I was BOMBARDED with intrusive thoughts, of all kinds, family, but most noticeably HOCD, (same sex thoughts, I’m a straight male), so this all happened while I was climaxing and I was trying to hard to not think of any of them but then bam, penis, a penis popped into my head for a split second, a nano second and I felt a stronger response, or maybe stronger isn’t the right word, it felt sensitive? As if I had a groinal response while climaxing and this whole day I’ve been thinking about it

My thought process was this: “Well it was just an image in my head and you can’t see thoughts so technically it wasn’t really anything” but I also thought “But that doesn’t make sense, I said it’s not like I can see thoughts but how would that explain all the times I’ve had fantasies about my crushes, I couldn’t see those thoughts either but I could still get off to them” albeit those thoughts lasted way longer than a nanosecond and I was actually aroused by them, but did I find the image in my head of the penis arousing? Even if it was just one second? So I’m capable of being aroused by this? You see where I’m coming from, this can be seen as reassurance yes but that’s not exactly what I’m looking for, you see I’m pretty sure I’m thinking irrationally and I just kinda want someone to clear up what is exactly going on

O

OrangeCake

These might be ‘intrusive thoughts’ and everyone has them for time to time - they are normal. I have them every day! Things I’d never dream of acting on or actually want to see happen. Unexpected things do pop into our minds during the oddest of times and it doesn’t mean anything in particular. These can often be shocking and bizarre and my approach is just to notice and think ‘oh, that was a funny thought’ and move on with my day. The intrusive thoughts can become a problem if people then develop repeated behaviours to try to stop the thoughts, which is what perpetuates OCD.

And also, even if you were aroused by a penis, there’s nothing wrong with that!

T

ThatGuy104

These might be ‘intrusive thoughts’ and everyone has them for time to time - they are normal. I have them every day! Things I’d never dream of acting on or actually want to see happen. Unexpected things do pop into our minds during the oddest of times and it doesn’t mean anything in particular. These can often be shocking and bizarre and my approach is just to notice and think ‘oh, that was a funny thought’ and move on with my day. The intrusive thoughts can become a problem if people then develop repeated behaviours to try to stop the thoughts, which is what perpetuates OCD.

And also, even if you were aroused by a penis, there’s nothing wrong with that!
Thank you for the reply, and for the last part I cleared my head and realized the feeling I was feeling towards the p wasn’t arousal as it was just a groinal response as I get this same feeling when things like family members or animals pop into my intrusive thoughts and I know I’m not aroused by either

O

OrangeCake

No problem. I used to get really anxious about my intrusive thoughts until I learned more about what they actually are and how normal and commonplace they are. They don’t mean you want to do the things in the intrusive thought. One time I convinced myself I must be racist because I had an intrusive thought and I beat myself up for ages about it until I learned it didn’t mean anything and that intrusive thoughts are often about things you don’t want to happen or believe. Then my anxiety about then just faded away.