• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

so tired..

K

Kate31

Hi,
Does anyone else feel like all they want to do is sleep at the moment?
I really struggle to stay awake once it gets dark and i think i could quite happily sleep right through to spring...
Seeing the dark come so early makes me feel really trapped, also not looking fwd to christmas as i really struggle with the food side and the 'having to smile like you're enjoying yourself' surrounded by people when you'd rather be buried under the duvet.

sorry for my rant.... i feel so guilty that i can't face my husband's work do but last time i went i had one of those 'arrghhh get me outaaa here now' panic attacks. When i'm on top of my depression i love being out with friends but put me in a room with loads of half-aquaintances/stranger and i just freak out...

roll on spring 2010x

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi kate i know how u feel i'm constantly tierd at the momment , i'm having trouble sleeping at night so all i want to do in the morning is sleep but can't coz i got to go to work . spend the day totaly knackered . :sleep::sleep:

L

Lady Summer Isles

Know exactly what you mean. Am getting up late and tired by 2.30pmish. Haven't had to do the dreaded works do this year as it was held in London which was out of the question for me. Shame we can't all hibernate till Spring. Can i go and put my jammies on now please:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Take care
Tannith

iffybob

iffybob

Hi

i feel so guilty that i can't face my husband's work do but last time i went i had one of those 'arrghhh get me outaaa here now' panic attacks.
When you know you are like this, take time outs, there are at least 2 ways to go about this.

1. every 1/2 hour or so
2. when you feel like its starting.

The way you take the time is go find somwhere to hide, either outside round a corner, hiding in toilet cubicals were my personal favs, somwhere where you dont have to look or talk to any one, give yourself the time to get your thoughts and feelings in order, check your breathing, and tell yourself the things you need to, to get you by.

It does help..... boB.....(y)

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Kate

When I was in recovery from my eating disorder i was tired all the time. Your body has gone through an awful lot of stress and pressure, it was starving, it's bound to take some time to recouperate.

I have started not to feel quite so tired all the time, and I have been in recovery for some time.

I think the winter also does not help with this, and yes Christmas is so difficult with the constant stream of food and disruptions it can bring to your planned meal times. It might be worth spending half an hour under the duvet when you feel like. Then be strict with yourself and get up. I have found this so helpful to me. :hug:

K

Kate31

thanks guys

:)

Thank you so mch for your support and helpful advice and suggestions.
I'm relieved that i'm not alone in this.

hope you all have a good day x