• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So so stupid. Desperately need some advice!

M

madsheep

Hey people. I have done something really stupid and I dont know what to do.

Me and my fiance just moved house last week. We went out and bought loads of new stuff, all the lovely christmas presents. Spent in the reagon of thousands for the tv and suchlike.
I was feeling really down one day. So depressed that my mental health means that I am just sucking the money out of people with no way to repay them.
(I am crying just thinking about this)

So I did something stupid. I spent the entire day on the internet looking up ways of earning quick money. Two of my friends at uni used to do it. You just set up websites for people, or help with advertising and stuff. I spent the entire day researching, and finally decided to order a 'free tutorial cd'. The website said that they would send the cd out so that you could see what they were all about, and then if you wanted to, you could take things further.

:(

I checked my bank account yesterday and am £100 out of pocket!
I feel so ashamed. I just wanted to help pay the bills and repay some of the money that I have borrowed from friends and family. And now I am worse off. I didnt recieve any cd. and I feel so stupid.

I have tried to email the company and tell them to cancel everything, that i dont want anything to do with them, and that they should stop taking money, but they are not answering my emails. They are basing in America, so I cant exactly call them without Graeme noticing something on the phone bill. :cry:

I just dont know what to do. How can I tell Graeme what an idiot I have been. I really hate myself so much for being this stupid. I should have known it was too good to be true!

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Madsheep try not to beat yourself up about what has happened no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Have you tried speaking to the bank and asked them to stop any payments being made to the company? Apart from that I don't know what else to suggest. I hope you manage to sort the problem out.
Take care of yourself :hug:
Messy x

A

Ainsworth

how much money have they taken? its illegal for starters to take money out of your account without permission. if you were buying a CD then that one payment only.

this isnt a stupid thing that you have done, people buy off the internet all the time, i do.

you have just had something go wrong, i have myself and i sorted it through paypal.

you have protection if you paid for it on your card, so you need to speak to the bank.

goodluck :)

C

corrado444

How did you pay

I am not up to how it works in the UK, but here in the US if you paid with a credit card or a debit card you can probably get your money back.

Assuming that's possible, you need to contact your bank immediately and file a claim. Then try to document the entire thing by going back to the site and taking screenshots of their pages (ctrl-alt-del then paste into paint or word).

If the law there is in any way similar you may get the money back. In the future, just keep in mind that there are no quick ways to make money online, with very few exceptions. Even when you see stories of people making money overnight, it's never overnight.
I have been making a living off the web for over 14 years. It's certainly possible to make money, but not on the spur of the moment.

Good luck.