So sick of my crappy financial situation

P

purpleorchid

I've been struggling with money for a while on account of not being able to get a full time or long term job. I feel like I'm being exploited by my recruitment agency as they know I can't find work elsewhere but continue to make things as awkward as possible for me. They either give me work for a few weeks then take it off me, give me no work at all, or place me in work where I'm getting paid significantly less than people who are actually employed directly through a company doing the same job.

I never make enough money and this week they have messed up my pay even though my rent is due. I struggle every month to make ends meet and I'm just sick and even more depressed over it. I'm honestly trying to look for stable work but it's hard as it is finding work, never mind when you have mental health conditions. I find most places want you to work quite long hours and I don't think i could cope, i haven't worked full time in years now even though I am considering doing it now.

I'm 32 years old working unstable temp work on minimum wage for an agency that don't care about my wellbeing. I'm covering a reception job I have had no training for but expected to deal with people complaining to me about things I don't know. If i say i can't cope they just drop me and get someone else. I have literally no rights and feel totally useless :cry:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi that sounds like an awful situation
if you are really struggling at work could you take a break for a while and claim benefits ,you would get your rent paid too if you are in the UK
I think it is wonderful you want to work but sometimes people who are poorly just need a bit of help from the state until they get back on their feet x
love Lu xxxx

P

purpleorchid

Thanks Lu. I'd love to but im not entitled to any benefits since my area moved over to universal credit. I think it's due to me staying with my partner even though he only works part time too :confused: he has been paying more rent but I feel awful I can't pay my share. I actually don't mind working, just wish the situation was better. Too many companies don't care about people or their mental health and I'm too scared to bring it up with agency incase they drop me from work altogether.