• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So scared of life

S

skyblue

I suppose I should be writing this in the Anxiety Forum, I don't know.

I'm so, so scared of life:cry:. So frightened that something bad may happen to my family, children. I can't seem to get these horrible thoughts out of my head.

I'm absolutely petrified that I'll do something wrong, what I mean is something like me driving whilst the children are in the car and crashing. Or even simple thing, like making a wrong decision that my children will not be happy with. I understand that every parent wants the best for their children, but this is constantly on my mind and I'm just feeling so scared.

I believe we must all make the most of our days, and live each day as though it was our last day and I take the children out as often as possible, anything they wish to do, so long as I can afford it. I try my best, but these thoughts of something bad may happen frightens me so much, I can't seem to fully enjoy the days. When these thoughts enter my mind, I feel so depressed, but try my best to cover it up.
Children are extremely sensitive and they always know and can sense something is worrying me. I find it's unfair to them because my anxiety can have a knock on effect.

What's wrong with me ? Why am I like this ? I think things have gotten worse since my nan was killed in a car accident 4yrs ago, she was run over and suffered terrible injuries that killed her instantly. I then suffered a breakdown and was hospitalised for 4mths, I was very, very close to her and she lived life to the full and always made me laugh, she was very young at heart. I miss her so much :cry:.

I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I'm falling down lower and lower and I can't seem to control it. If I'm not crying on the outside, I feel like I'm crying on the inside.

So down right now, so down.:cry:

Last edited:
P

phoneguru

help info

ok first of all if you are suffering from nerves. !all that you feel is normal.. all the wayward thoughts panicky feelings. emotions and thoughts running wild all normal ! what you need to do is no 1 go to the docs. tell him how you feel. take the medication and dont. and i say dont be scared to take it. it will help but will take a while think of it as melting a block of ice.it works slowly.. 2nd. go to the library get any book by dr claire weekes. or go to a book shop and buy one. 3rd get a good book on relaxation. 4th be a selfish your family husband partner whatever will have to realise you will need time by yourself to practice relaxation.5th dont buy the relaxation book before you read doctor claire weeks !!.6th do some mild exercise

I

IOPan

I really do empathise with you.
I've spent years of my life in fear, once I became deluded that my voice could cause bad things to happed! And what happened? I became afraid to speak.. I was almost catatonic.
Everything that phoneguru says is good advice. How I got away from being so scared of life was by reading about and practicing positive thinking. There's a book by Louise Hay called 'You Can Heal Your Life'. I read that book and began to practice positive thinking and WOW! It really worked. I also started to practice meditation and yoga. I also began taking herbal remedies; Skullcap and Damiana. It took time, but eventually my fear of life was reduced and now my anxiety is mostly gone.
I wish you the very best - know that eventually all these wierd thoughts and feelings will be something of the past.

S

skyblue

Thank you so much for your advice and support.

I will be looking into the books you have both suggested. x