• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So sad

A

Ashton1981

I'm nearly always sad. Always up and down. Can't escape the thought that life is pointless.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum.

Do you know what triggers those thoughts at all?

Marliee x

A

Ashton1981

Lots of things. Feelings of failure. Loneliness. Anxiety of where my life is going. Its hard to explain x

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I understand it's hard to explain :hug1: No pressure at all to explain.

Is there anyone in your family or a close friend that you have talked to and have talked to?

Those feelings are ok to have, I have those exact feelings myself most of the time.

xxx

A

Ashton1981

Yea but they find it hard to understand and other times I don't like to keep on with my problems and feelings. Xxx

A

Ashton1981

What do you do about it? Xx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's hard and it's taken me awhile but I'm gradually opening up more. I have literally just started CBT as well.

I personally don't talk to my family about it but they know things thanks to some leaks and a bit of guessing.

It's all about talking and fighting the part of your head which puts up the shield in my opinion.

It's hard, so, so hard though.

xxx

A

Ashton1981

I think the hardest thing is knowing where to start. It's horrible as its always there in one shape or form xxx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have you thought about going to see your GP about it and maybe getting referred to talking therapies? Or at least having someone to talk to.

xxx

A

Ashton1981

I went to the doctors and they suggested medication which I took for a bit but didn't like the side effects. I felt let down as they didn't suggest anything about treating the cause; just addressing the symptoms. Xxx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you feel you can go back and explain that you do not want medication but instead want to be referred to talking therapies?

xxx

A

Ashton1981

Yea I guess. I've accepted that I have this going on inside me but I worry about the stigma attached to it. Some people who I'd like to count on for support haven't been there as much as I'd like. I don't blame them as I can be a pain in the backside when I'm down xxx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think we can all think that we are pains in the backside when we are feeling rubbish, trust me I do.

Accepting it is a good step, it really is. You just need to try and figure that head out and I'm not going to lie, it sometimes is a long process but hopefully in the end, you will find a way to be able to cope with it.

xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ipanema Depression Forum 5
S Depression Forum 6
jajingna Depression Forum 8
E Depression Forum 4
P Depression Forum 6