• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So sad and anxious tonight...

Unique1

Unique1

Feeling so sad, and anxious, I just hate the way I constantly worry, feel so alone...
It really is torture, one step forward 10 steps back...:cry2:

FriendsAreFriends

FriendsAreFriends

My dearest friend. Could you beleive you have an invisible guest? I tell you this with all my love for you who are my fellow being. You are not alone and never ever will be. Jesus stands besides you with all his love. But nor he or I can help if you do not speek with him! There is no doctrines to obide, or any rules to follow. There is just a man of suffering who wants to be there for another sufferer. The games people play makes an anxious person, like I also once was. So you have a computer, bet you have loud speakers to. The best advise I can give you is to play christian conforting music - and listen, totally without any feeling of condemnation, but that of acceptance and love. I know it will work for you as for me. Give it a try! And I will be online for some hours if you need a fellow man. We care! Kenneth.

Unique1

Unique1

In tears, so sick of it all....life is just one big stress...

katya

katya

In tears, so sick of it all....life is just one big stress...
Ahh, I know how you feel. It's horrible when you're anxious because it feels as though that's all there is - especially if you suffer from long-term anxiety. You can learn to manage it though, and it doesn't have to be forever. That's what I keep telling myself. How often do you feel anxious?

Sorry you're going through this. Hope you have some relief soon. :)

Unique1

Unique1

Thank you jruth. I mostly try stay positive. Had to give up a good job 18 months ago had a melt down,,anxiety most of my life but managed to control it mostly, since melt down life is different, lonely ..I try, I've been on courses had therapy, but it's so so hard, everything worries me, my childhood is coming to the fore now, after recent contact with my brother, I feel heartbroken...

katya

katya

Thank you jruth. I mostly try stay positive. Had to give up a good job 18 months ago had a melt down,,anxiety most of my life but managed to control it mostly, since melt down life is different, lonely ..I try, I've been on courses had therapy, but it's so so hard, everything worries me, my childhood is coming to the fore now, after recent contact with my brother, I feel heartbroken...
I'm so sorry to hear you had a breakdown. Don't worry; it happens to a lot of people. I had to leave a job last year because I had a breakdown, and I've had pretty rough childhood with abuse and stuff. I was off for a few months and then got a job again. You'll get back on your feet.

It sounds like you need to deal with what's hurting you from your childhood before you can move on. If I were you, I'd just focus on your wellbeing, then everything else will follow.

Has the therapy been helping?

Are there people you can spend time with?

Unique1

Unique1

I'm so sorry to hear you had a breakdown. Don't worry; it happens to a lot of people. I had to leave a job last year because I had a breakdown, and I've had pretty rough childhood with abuse and stuff. I was off for a few months and then got a job again. You'll get back on your feet.

It sounds like you need to deal with what's hurting you from your childhood before you can move on. If I were you, I'd just focus on your wellbeing, then everything else will follow.

Has the therapy been helping?

Are there people you can spend time with?
I don't really want anyone to know how bad I still feel, I act as if it's all ok, people don't really want to know outside, ..everyone has their own stuff to deal with, I'm on a list for phsychology sessions, been told it will be around June they will start...finding it all so difficult, I was so strong, I think, a shadow of my former self now, hard to believe,,, I don't cry usually, but I'm crying tonight, I get triggered by childhood stuff and recent contact is flared it up, but I can't tell no one...and the person triggering me doesn't inow, I feel sad, I feel I need to be here for the person but it's so hard.....

Unique1

Unique1

@jruth
I have no one who understands that I could be with really..I'm too proud and feel the stigma such a lot...I'm lonely but prefer to be alone...a strange place to be...
Thank you, and I'm sorry you went through the same, it's so awful ! I'm glad you have improved enough to find a job, that is so good...x

katya

katya

@jruth
I have no one who understands that I could be with really..I'm too proud and feel the stigma such a lot...I'm lonely but prefer to be alone...a strange place to be...
Thank you, and I'm sorry you went through the same, it's so awful ! I'm glad you have improved enough to find a job, that is so good...x
Don't suffer in silence! I know it's hard to admit you're struggling, but oh my days, it's so much harder to maintain the "I'M FINE!!!" persona when you're not fine. It's fine to admit you're not okay.

If you don't feel as though you can tell anyone in your life - which I totally understand - tell me? PM me if you like. It sounds as if we have a fair bit in common.

I tend to moan like a bastard though - to be fair, only in certain circumstances. I had to tell the people at work I've been going through a rough time recently and they were horrified I was suffering in silence for so long, so I guess I'm a bit like you in a way.

Let it out when you feel able; you'll feel better. There's no reason to be ashamed of how you're feeling or what happened. That's just insult to injury!

Unique1

Unique1

Thank u jruth. Dont know what I'd do without the lovely people on here, I've cried so much tonight I'm exhausted now. It's so comforting to hear your kind words and I inow you have crap going on right now too, we will get through it. We do sound similar, in our dealings of stuff. I am so grateful thank you. I'm going to get some sleep and hope tomorrow I feel less heartbroken, about it all, it's nice to have a friend here and I will speak to you again. You've helped me tonight and I hope we both find peace in the coming days..x

katya

katya

You'd do the same!! Yes, have a lovely sleep and remember there's always someone you can talk to. Hope that relieves the pressure even a little bit. Remember you're doing well because you're on the road to recovery and that's damn bloody hard. Peaceful dreams!