• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So proud of my son :)

S

skyblue

My 11yr old son has won first prize in an Art and Design comp for our town !! He's over the moon and so am I.:) I'm so pleased for him.:clap:

It's going to exhibited in the main town hall tomorrow and he will be presented with a prize.

In the appeal for the Design school, I can mention this in hope this can help.

He wants to be a Designer when he leaves school, which is why I feel I've so let him down :( for this particular school. As some of you know, I made a big mistake on the original application form and I now need to appeal as the school's full.
But hey,.. if we don't win, I'm sure he'll do just as well at any other, I'm feeling optimistic.

:flowers:

M

mickeymoo

congratulations to your son! thats fantastic news and you must be so proud of him.

Try not to beat yourself up about the school, it was easily done. Not quite the same but I have just realised that I was supposed to have registered my daughter for school in Jan and registrations closed now. OOOOPS! I'm sure it will work out for the best

xx

A

Affective

Congratulations to him! I hope he continues to excel in this field :)

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
congratulations!

S

skyblue

Thanks everyone.

He's always been interested in Design ever since he was a toddler.

Mickey - Oh no ! I really do hope you don't have as much of a nightmare as I'm having, having to go through these Appeals, it's horrible.

The difference is, my son has been allocated to the next nearest school and so they will take into account that he has a school to go to. If your daughter hasn't been offered a place at any school this should help you get her into your catchment area school.
Hope everything turns out ok for you.

xx

W

warriorprincess

well done your son!! that's amazing!!

i am also secretly hoping that this is another string to his bow and may help get him further recognition in order to go to the design school...

But also i wouldn't worry it sounds amazing your son has so much ambition (i'm not sure I know what age he is) but it's really good, and to be honest it's how he furthers his education by way of a decent art college, and maybe uni too that will help him succeed in his chosen career. But this school does sound right up his street and i reckon the school will see his potential to do well there.

xxx

W

warriorprincess

oops sorry i just saw in your main post it starts 'my 11 year old son' ! so that's how old he is! Sorry i am picking up on most things but not all things by far!!

x

S

skyblue

well done your son!! that's amazing!!

i am also secretly hoping that this is another string to his bow and may help get him further recognition in order to go to the design school...

But also i wouldn't worry it sounds amazing your son has so much ambition (i'm not sure I know what age he is) but it's really good, and to be honest it's how he furthers his education by way of a decent art college, and maybe uni too that will help him succeed in his chosen career. But this school does sound right up his street and i reckon the school will see his potential to do well there.

xxx
Thanks Warrior. Yes, the Art Colleges and Uni are really the most important. It's just as you know, this Design school spealises in Design/Tech and they have options for the kids to choose Graphics as well as Product Design for their options, which should really help. They have excellent facilities, but if he doesn't get in, then it's not the end of the world I guess, though to me it is slightly :(. He's also A grade in Science and loves Science, so he may well end up in a job involving this,.. things could change.

Oh well,.. what will be, will be. I'm doing all I can to get him in and put things right and that's all I can possibly do, I can't do anymore than that, other than hope and keep my fingers crossed.
It's the waiting I can't stand. They've made me stew for a month already to see whether or not they will put him on the priority list, I should find out at the end of next week. I will still need to Appeal though, no matter what, very frusturating.

Hope you're ok Warrior. xx

S

suki1066

glad things are looking up for you sweet xx