• Hi. It’s great to see you. Welcome!

    Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life. Amongst our membership there is a wealth of expertise that has been developed through having to deal with mental health issues.

    We are an actively moderated forum with a team of experienced moderators. We also have a specialist safety team that works extra hard to keep the forum safe for visitors and members.

    Register now to access many more features and forums!

So now universal credit has sent me this



Active member
May 20, 2019
St Helens
"James, you need to be re-referred for a work capability assessment. To give you the right support, it would be helpful for us to contact your doctor. If you're happy for us to contact your doctor, you need to call 0800 328 5644.
If we do not hear from you by 1st July, we'll assess your condition without any additional information from your doctor and this may affect what you'll be paid."

This is despite me having a universal credit work capability assessment only six months ago. I think the DWP are trying to troll me. It's funny how they need to reassess me for universal credit disability element (i.e. the old ESA) just after I've won a tribunal. Now when everything was going okay I had caused me undue stress of whether to allow them to contact my doctor or not.


Well-known member
Mar 9, 2012
Tigger and Willow's house UK
I'm not sure how often they reassess people for it, I hope they pay you everything you are entitled to though :hug: