• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So lost...

bpd2020

bpd2020

Yea I’m happy for it to be anxiety so I can fix that but my head is telling me I’m about to drop dead of a heart attack despite what all the tests have shown and two docs have told me and my wife Almost shouting at me that it’s fine I can’t shake the feelings that it’s going to stop all my anxiety feelings are heart and chest related too apart from dizzy and tight muscles and feeling detached from everything and not being able to feel much (anger, happiness etc) this is all very new to me I’m 39 and never been aware of any anxiety issue before so I’m learning as I go. Thank you so much for all your help. Means a lot
With your belief you have something wrong with your heart it will be very hard to convince you otherwise. You witnessed your dad having a heart attack and it is likely this is where the fear comes from. With therapy they will address your fear and help you to talk it through. I think that will be the only way you will be able to feel okay about it.

P

Paulhamilton81

With your belief you have something wrong with your heart it will be very hard to convince you otherwise. You witnessed your dad having a heart attack and it is likely this is where the fear comes from. With therapy they will address your fear and help you to talk it through. I think that will be the only way you will be able to feel okay about it.
Yea I really hope so! I start with him this Friday so fingers crossed! Thank you again

N

navhealth

I feel lost about where to turn my doctors is rubbish and doesn’t get how I feel once he knew my heart health was ok he just shrugged me off and said it’s in your head but I’m feeling worse and worse each day.
I’m constantly on edge, I just had a phone call and was Arranging some work with my customer I felt happy to be talking but all of a sudden I came over breathless and weak.
I’m only 39 and have 3 children and I’m not being a good dad at the moment or the best I can be at least.
I feel so lost and don’t know where to turn I’m frightened of my symptoms thinking my heart will stop.

I’m guessing it all comes from loosing my dad to a heart attack when I was 24, I watched as paramedics came past trying to resuscitate him without success.
All my life since then I’ve told myself that’s how I’ll die and now I’m so scared my children will see me die the same way.
My chest aches each day and I get palpitations. I’ve had 5 day ecg, bloods and echo done all come back perfect.

my doc gave me propanlol but I think that’s for panic I don’t really get panic I don’t think..
I just want to feel happy and normal again. Just had a palpitation as I wrote this (more of a thud like a skipped beat)

I’ve recently given up caffeine and booze and energy drinks (3 months ago)
I did have a few vodkas this Saturday night just gone I wonder if that’s to blame as I’ve felt rubbish since but it’s Wednesday today I assumed it would have left my body by now.
I am in the exact same boat as you and feel the same way too..also have 3 children and i am sick to death with this so called anxiety i am shrugged off by my gp..they simply dont seem to take any notice of what i say to them..i currently am on a cbt course..which tbh has not helped at all so far..past few days have been bad..i have constant on and off anxiety symptoms on my left arm and chest daily and it is driving me nuts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Anxiety Forum 1
M Anxiety Forum 23
L Anxiety Forum 9
X Anxiety Forum 1