• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So long as you are not a danger to yourself or others

F

firemonkee57

It doesn't matter to the mental health professionals that you struggle with things that psychologically restrict you and reduce your quality of life.

Sometimes the best you can hope for is not to really live but to maybe exist a little better.

H

Hyperchick

Yes but a lot of the times the mh proffessionals could help the vulnerable but they seem to choose to make it harder for the people who most need their help. Its just farcical x

MadEmma

MadEmma

I was admitted to hospital for assessment and they werent interested in why i felt so down and sad they just wanted to know if i felt like harming myself or other people. When they had agreed i wasnt and just needed a friend or someone to talk to they released me at 5am no money or way to get home.

I was admitted with blue lights and 2 policemen came in the house and frog marched me out to the ambulance, (neighbours all hanging out windows at the loony tune down the road thats weird so they dont talk to them, loving every entertaining min of it)My hubby phoned the crisis team and said i hadnt stopped crying all day and that i felt strange that was the reaction i got.

5hrs in A n E, blood tests, asking about my kids and social services alerted, medical history, blood pressure and temperature taken, then finaly a psychiatrist, chat for about 10 mins and the question asked about harming and kicked out, no meds, no support, no follow up, no nothing, a follow up at the outpatients of my shrink at local place had no record of my admission, nor do they to this day, nor my doctors, what is the point???

Feel real down, come on here, more input than the mental health services. I havent reached the point of harm to others or myself yet, a few more experiences of above andi certainly will.

dib4uk

dib4uk

I know it sounds really bad, but, at times i've said that i'm a harm to myself so that others would listen to me. Most of the times i have the problems with self harming and suicidal thoughts but i very rarley act on them- but because they are there it still needs to have attention to that.

sorry if my post is a bit ramberling.

:scared:

W

warriorprincess

cant offer advice with the not being helped bit, i know only too well, but since i found this site 2 weeks ago i've felt better for it so definitely keep it up and keep us posted. have you tried your gp, they can refer you - it happened to me, but don't expect results as it's been a longwinded way but you may be lucky in that they can find what's causing your probs... i still don't feel answered or cared for and it's been 10 years but i can only keep gong as i have my beautiful daughter and i have to hope that i'kk work it al out and raise her into everything i'm not but want to be. That is my hope.

Astrid

Astrid

I have noticed this as well, unfortunately it seems mh professionals are only worried about "helping" you if you are "in crisis", otherwise you're "fine" and they don't feel the need to bother with you.:rolleyes: