• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

so lonely

A

Antonia25

hi all
im soooooooo lonely
wish i had more friends
i had to give up work due to the pressure,...
i sit at home and have no one as my husband works
i wish i was a mum so i had an excuse to get out there, go to groups..
but no i cant even do that cause im to fuc**ed im not allowed kids,..
just another thing that gets me down
im such a loser i hate myself so badly
i want friends,,, i hate being lonely

sallyG

sallyG

you have friends on here now poppet..i know what you mean though..i have three good friends who i actually see very rarely but know they are about if i need them,...other than that i dont see anyone other than my hubby and kids...who are 20 and 17..
Im hoping to make new friends in the group therapy im starting next monday.x

A

Antonia25

how did u find the group therapy
i almost wanna put a wanted ad out on here
lonely people in luton in need of friends...
silly i know
just need some face to face contact

sallyG

sallyG

i was referred for group therapy firstly by my psychiatrist and then by my occuaptional therapist
I find face to face contact incredibly difficult.x

S

Sarax

Hi... I'm not near Luton I'm affraid but if you ever wanna / need to chat feel free to mail me!

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Antonia,

I was very sorry too read how alone you are feeling. It really is such a difficult thing to deal with. I really do hope you find this forum useful and make some postive connections.

I saw you had asked another member about groups (i am so sorry sally if i am answering this for you)
In terms of thearpy its best to go through your GP. Also depending on funds there is likely to be a charity run thearpy group in your area/ county. The likelyhood is for a service like this you may need to pay a minor contribution but they would be able to offer individual or group thearpy for you. I use one in the area I live - Feel free to PM me if you want any advice on looking up a service like that in your area.

However if you are looking for a support group in your area the depression allience web site has a page listing support groups possibly in your area.

http://www.depressionalliance.org/how-we-can-help/self-help-groups.php

I found a support group via that site which I have just started attending. It may be something you find useful, a chance to meet other people face to face who understand completely how you feel.

I am not sure if thats any help for you, but it may be worth looking up.

Take care of yourself and keep posting on here, there are a lovely group of members who are so amazingly supportive.

X

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Depression Forum 8
S Depression Forum 13
S Depression Forum 9
SomeSwedishGirl Depression Forum 38
C Depression Forum 7