So lonely and unhappy

L

Lucev

Hi I’m new here and have no one to talk to about my bpd. I’m married with 2 children whom are my world. My husband claims to understand how I feel as he said he’s read all about bpd. He always puts me down or tells me to be quiet. He says stuff like “your mental” “your mad and stupid ‘ I can’t cope with this anymore. He never has s single nice thing to say about anyone not just me. He says that I can’t just “pull myself out of it cos he could easily “ what can I do ? I cry every day

J

johnram

I am sorry to hear this is your experience and how your husband is responding to it

I dont have any guidance, but just want to say, well done for posting here and keep doing so, as its a good and safe place and hopefully someone can offer more

wishing you well

megirl

megirl

Hi and a huge :welcome:
You will find supportive and understanding people here, who also experience mental health issues.
Likewise I also have BPD, and you find different sections here in relation to separate mental health issues.
So I hope to see you around,
x

J

Jules5

Welcome to the Forum. I am sorry your husband puts you down-this seems bad for any help with your BPD. You may have to choose what life you want to have. I am not saying leave your husband but it is not nice what he is doing sounds like he is insecure by putting you down. Hugs

J

Jules5

Your husband is looking for a response from you when he says negative stuff-just pass him over agree with him and stay in your own life so he does not ruin you to pieces. I feel for you. I was in a horrible relationship like this it became physical when I stopped responding to the insults. So be careful. Hugs

L

Lucev

I know we are together for our children. Been together for 24 years married for 13. When we were young he would hurt me mentally and physically trying to rule me but he stayed with me and didn’t want me to go when I’d had enough and retaliated. I’m sick with myself that I let this happen but I never knew then what I know now . I have a ten year old son who has a full understanding of my illness as I’m also epileptic so had to know what to do in emergency. My “ little man” is so innocent and I don’t want him to see anything to upset him. He is 6 and my little angel. What. Can I do , I’m fucked! Sorry but the only one I can trust is 10 years old and whilst we are so tight i worry over him . he has helped me through so much my beautiful boy and I pray you he can be the happiest, optimistic boy forever. My heart brakes every morning that I wake cos I’m not the person I’m told to be or want to be . I have love to give but know one to want it. I have hurt myself in many ways and feel bad for doing this to My babies . I’m not crying for help as I always get on but I hate to think of Anyone feeling alone.
As I’ve been in this way for many years. I just would sincerely like anyone to know that I will never ignore nor forget if anyone wants to talk. I never have anyone so most conversations I have are with myself in my head anyway. Don’t ever feel bad or lonely your never alone cxxxxxx

Y

Yodagirl

Your husband is looking for a response from you when he says negative stuff-just pass him over agree with him and stay in your own life so he does not ruin you to pieces. I feel for you. I was in a horrible relationship like this it became physical when I stopped responding to the insults. So be careful. Hugs
Would agree with this!

L

Lucev

My husband says I’m mad and mental and abnormal. He knows my illness but holds it against me like he can scare me I can’t understand why he does it. He constantly says iM an idiot who needs help!!! I’ve had all I can but what to do when even your partner can’t be bothered to listen. I’m not being paranoid he actually knows how I am but said “normal people “ just pull out of it xx

Y

Yodagirl

My husband says I’m mad and mental and abnormal. He knows my illness but holds it against me like he can scare me I can’t understand why he does it. He constantly says iM an idiot who needs help!!! I’ve had all I can but what to do when even your partner can’t be bothered to listen. I’m not being paranoid he actually knows how I am but said “normal people “ just pull out of it xx
Sorry hun 😕 here if you need someone to talk to!