• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So im being discharged from my psychiatrist

V

volnash

Even though they have cranked up the medicine, im obviously so well now that i dont need to go for therapy anymore, and i will rather be transferred to a local mental health team, run by a private foundation.

For the love of god, i cant understand why they are doing this, is it because i have nothing bad to report? apart from one incident where i was confused quite recently, there have been nothing for well over a year, and they say that for such incidents in the future i can be commited to the local psychiatric care center, if needed.

I have built up a strong relation to my psychiatrist, this is quite saddening news for me, can anyone shed some light on why they would do this? maybe im just selfish and there are way worse cases than me in the line for help, by worse i mean in a more critical situation at the moment.

Anyways just some rant, quite fed up with it all.:low:

R

Rose19602

I think it's down to resources and budgets Volnash.

You are stable on meds in their eyes and I suspect they believe that there is nothing further that a psychiatrist can do, given that the role of a psych seems to be to diagnose and adjust/prescribe medications.

I imagine that you can get referred back if you have a blip and require further medication adjustments, but I guess that a psych's time is expensive.

Who are the people that you have been referred on to? Do you have a meeting set up with them or any idea at all of the support they will offer.

I imagine that this feels dismissive and unsettling for you. Trust is so important in terms of who is providing your care and how much they understand about you.

I feel for you....but try to look forward if you can. It will be easier than fighting what may be a lost cause.

x

GreenEmerald

GreenEmerald

Congrats on being discharged////it could be seen as a good thing. Personally I don't like my psychiatrist and prefer being dealt with by the rest of the team (community psychiatric nurse).

V

volnash

Thanks nikita it seems to me just utterly ridiculous that you were not deemed a priority this part of the system pisses me off, i too want to stay at home but i want some extra support for the time being, until i feel confident that everything is going to be stable for x amount of time.

And thanks CPU for pointing out what i believe to be very much true, i am more med compliant now because ive realised i probably need them after having so many bad episodes or not episodes but having too much of a hard time with weaning off them and/or quitting them, and i believe i can be a bit manic at times, but the initial diagnosis i disagree with and it is under reconsideration and the final results will be revealed before i am discharged.

To misskitty it's a christian foundation which is private but is hired in by the government they are going to see me once a month for injection and a chat, aswell as followup every 2 weeks at home, for a short period of time 2 months that is, yeah i guess i have to look forward but i cant help but feel as if ive just been prescribed a large amount of medicine and left to fend for myself, but if im gonna have any chance of working later on, i guess it has to be a part of my natural progression.

Just had to edit a bit, yeah i can get very manic and obsessed with things, not as in people but such as sports, a new supplement or the market or something else related.

Last edited:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
And thanks CPU for pointing out what i believe to be very much true, i am more med compliant now because ive realised i probably need them after having so many bad episodes or not episodes but having too much of a hard time with weaning off them and/or quitting them, and i believe i can be a bit manic at times, but the initial diagnosis i disagree with and it is under reconsideration and the final results will be revealed before i am discharged.
i think it's very hard to come to a deeper acceptance & resolution around all of these things.

After some 25 years i do half accept the diagnosis & need for the medication.

i think we deserved/deserve far more in the way of genuine understanding & support - But such is our lives, circumstances, the system & society.