• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So I was an alchoholic finally got it under control, but still struggling with nicotine.

Hello513

Hello513

Was limiting myself to once a week for months. Last time I drank I decided enough was enough. I am just going to quit

I probably also, no I have abused caffeine before. Got that under control not going to quit though.

I really want to quit smoking but nothing works.

sunset547544

sunset547544

Set yourself small doable targets then increment so you feel you are not failing. So 1 day nicotine free, then 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc. Worked for me. Or alan carrs book is really good.

Greg90

Greg90

The first 3 days are the most difficult with nicotine - once you're through those you're past the worst of it!

Do you use ecigs? After tapering down from 6mg to 0mg and a month of so of using 0mg liquids just for the action, stopping completely was quite easy.

You can do it :)

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I was in a shop the other day and the person in front of me at the checkout bought a packet of 20 cigerettes - I was appalled at the price.

So the best advice I can offer is work out what you spend per day, week, month. Then think of something you would really like to buy or a trip you would like to go on and see how quickly you could save up given the money you would save by not smoking.