• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So, I screwed my life up.

S

swillis

Anyone else on here suffer from psychosis with a history of drug, specifically cannabis use?

Just been crying at 4am at how ive ruined my life due to smoking cannabis at 17.

I was young.... way to young to experience stuff like that. And i had the wrong information, i spoke to too many pro cannabis people and read articles on how cannabis was a problem solving drug not a problem causing drug.

Was weird crying about it, 7 years after quitting its finally hit me that ive ruined my entire life, 60 or maybe 70 years ruined because of poor judgement over 6 months. It seems so easy to do and the view of cannabis is so damaging right now. I feel obligated to inform and protect people from it!

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but i have a gaming community of around 20 active members and i talk about my mental health and cannabis quite alot and how bad it is, dont believe your friends, look at me as an example. Hoping to keep some people healthy.

Does anyone else feel how i feel about the worlds perception on cannabis and how easy it is to fall into the trap of believing its harmless?

Hello513

Hello513

Anyone else on here suffer from psychosis with a history of drug, specifically cannabis use?

Just been crying at 4am at how ive ruined my life due to smoking cannabis at 17.

I was young.... way to young to experience stuff like that. And i had the wrong information, i spoke to too many pro cannabis people and read articles on how cannabis was a problem solving drug not a problem causing drug.

Was weird crying about it, 7 years after quitting its finally hit me that ive ruined my entire life, 60 or maybe 70 years ruined because of poor judgement over 6 months. It seems so easy to do and the view of cannabis is so damaging right now. I feel obligated to inform and protect people from it!

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but i have a gaming community of around 20 active members and i talk about my mental health and cannabis quite alot and how bad it is, dont believe your friends, look at me as an example. Hoping to keep some people healthy.

Does anyone else feel how i feel about the worlds perception on cannabis and how easy it is to fall into the trap of believing its harmless?
Ya I did not experience psychoses till i was 24 and I felt like it ended my life.

D

Debaura500

Thankyou for posting this I need to show my son this for certain people this drug is so damaging

R

Rex Smith

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Growing
I live in California and when they passed the legalization law I got into weed.
I set up a hydroponics grow room in my garage. I grew my 6 plants and 5 long months later I had a few gallon ziplock bags full of weed. I had no interest to grow more plants after that. I must have spent around $2000 on the setup for an enclosed 8x12 in my garage. Extra $100 on electric and $20 on water per month. It's now my nice climate controlled windowless workout room. The electrician actually didn't charge me but that would have been a couple hundred. Expensive hobby.

Smoking.
I told my psychiatrist about my weed growing and planned use. She tried to talk me out of it but when I'm doing something I'm doing it. So my friend that's bipolar and I smoked for 7 months and it was pretty much daily. We had gotten vape pens so we kept a mild high when we went out places.

How we felt.
We found things to be humorous and increase in appetite.
*RIP breakfast and lunch. Increased the amount of activity because fuck gaining gain. So we became bitchy for being hungry and was bloated in the morning from eating too much the night before.

Created tinder profiles and added people to our snapchat.
*Sent nudes and ridiculous messages. We got temp banned from facebook, some other social media platforms, and perm banned from a forum group. This was actually funny but very highschool me.

Got into philosophical conversations and blew through hours without noticing.
*Our nerd versions went out in public. WTF Why?!

I stopped because I needed to get back into writing and the entire 7 months I didn't do shit. I found some written work during the high times and it was total garbage. All these positive articles must come from people that are high AF. Like a drunk telling you alcohol is so amazing. :rofl2: You become impaired like any recreational drug. After prolonged use the more functional you become but losing that ridiculous high.

CONS
Poor eating habits.
I stopped cooking and was ordering premade food.
Made stupid choices like I was a teenager again.
Obnoxious.
Actually increased anxiety instead of reducing it.
Lowered intelligence.
Slow.
Overall impairments.

PROS
None for me.

Rather do coke if we're talking about recreational drugs.

jajingna

jajingna

Never did it much, just the occasional small bit. When I worked as a bartender people would offer, so I'd step out and have a few puffs and enjoyed the buzz. Think it sometimes made me vomit though while I was drinking. Funny, when it became legal in Canada I didn't know and was surprised to see a sign on the door at the supermarket for the little smoke shop there "We're out of cannabis." That's what happens when you never follow the news.

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

Hey Hun,

We all make mistakes, at the time you thought you was doing the best thing as that was what you was told.
You can't change what you've done but you can learn from it. And you can always turn this around.
I would say to take a spin on this and use this to your advantage to teach others. Maybe teach in schools and clubs your experience and share what you learnt.

N

Nukelavee

It affects different people differently. Been smoking it 30 years, no issues. Mind you, I'm a evening smoker - I don't smoke during the day, only in the evening while reading before bed, or my my neighbour comes by.

Never really caused me any issues.