• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

so I made a mistake and now im having really bad anxiety Any tips?

S

sarenity

I don't want to explain what mistake I made. I am quite embarrassed and ashamed of it. I am having mini panic attacks. I haven't made a mistake this grave in such a long time. I can't get over what I have done...this relates to work. I really hurt someone I got along with. How can I stop feeling so anxious and forgive myself for what I have done? I have terrible "self-healing " tendencies. I feel like this was the cherry on top of all the crappy things going on in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.

E

EclipticNight

We all make mistakes, even massive ones we dont talk about. Its part of being human. The best you can do is learn from it and one day share your experience with someone else who needs guidance in the same area.

U

Uther

I've found that when you make a genuine mistake the best thing you can do is own it. And if you've hurt people in the process the best thing you can do is apologise to those you've hurt.
It's not easy, it'll be uncomfortable, but if you want that horrible feeling to go away it's really the only way to make it happen.
Good luck :)

R

Reecandoit

Apologize and you’ll probably feel a little better.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
frisas45 I made a terrible mistake, and I'm scared. Anxiety Forum 3
P Intense irrational thoughts that have made my life hell Anxiety Forum 3
J I made some music that I hope helps to soothe anxiety during COVID Anxiety Forum 2
O Have you dropped an object because somethings made you jump? Anxiety Forum 1
gt86 Having a hard time trusting friends Anxiety Forum 1
J Having strange symptoms Anxiety Forum 4
J Having a bad time still Anxiety Forum 3
R Having a tough time this week Anxiety Forum 3
dabearwiffdasammich my microwave exploded and i think im having a panic attack Anxiety Forum 12
Carol1952 Anxieties when having bad allergies? I wonder does anyone get like this Anxiety Forum 2
K Having mixed depression and anxiety, panic attacks as well, my life is falling apart Anxiety Forum 17
Carol1952 Dont know why but I am having major anxieties and am shaky Anxiety Forum 2
Unloveable2Day Anxiety about having anxiety Anxiety Forum 5
S Having a bad day today-need to talk to someone Anxiety Forum 16
AlwaysinCrown Phobia or politics? Am I the only one person in this world having it? (TW) Anxiety Forum 4
Carol1952 I have had it I am sick of having anxieties.being alone Anxiety Forum 210
J I think I've been having panic attacks. Anxiety Forum 2
Faith198 Having a tough time Anxiety Forum 8
Carol1952 Having anxieties over my new neighbor because of the virus Anxiety Forum 2
P Was having 4-5 hour panic attacks Anxiety Forum 4
Carol1952 Having anxieties really bad over nothing how can that be? Anxiety Forum 4
Antimatter Having a bad day Anxiety Forum 7
J How can I think normally when having an anxiety attack? Anxiety Forum 4
R Not having a good day Anxiety Forum 9
Faith198 Having a difficult day today Anxiety Forum 9
F Having a lot of health anxiety Anxiety Forum 12