• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

so i did my first ever cold approach about a month ago...

M

markn1996

Thanks for sharing :) Just out of interest did you find them motivational and what changes do you think he could do to make the difference? :)
well for one, i disagree with him that you should give out compliments to women telling them “you’re beautiful” and stuff like that. hot women already know that so you would bore them with the conversation and just think you are shallow.

M

markn1996

just wanted to give a update on this topic, figured might as well.

i finally had to courage to message her after a whole month of not doing so explaining that i thought we hit it off and that i just wondered what happened that following week, no reply but i think its best for me to just never find out and leave it a mystery and move on to another girl.

Wishbone

Wishbone

well for one, i disagree with him that you should give out compliments to women telling them “you’re beautiful” and stuff like that. hot women already know that so you would bore them with the conversation and just think you are shallow.
Ah, but how would a hot woman know she's hot if she were never to be told she was hot? Women eat up compliments like cake. They deny and pretend they don't, but they do, and they definitely want to be seen as pleasing on the eye!

F

fragrant_violet

This is a tough one. Well done for plucking up the courage. Its a start. Too bad it never worked out.

Put it behind you

M

markn1996

This is a tough one. Well done for plucking up the courage. Its a start. Too bad it never worked out.

Put it behind you
i don’t know what to think about it, on the other side of the coin my step dad thinks since that i wasn’t blocked means shes still leaving a door open for me but is already involved with someone else but doesn’t know what to say to me, so shes just keeping silent.

women are weird.

F

fragrant_violet

Hey bro do you have sisters? If not that might explain your final comment.

I have three and have always followed their advice when having 'women' problems. Also prefer the company of women over men for that very reason.

Anyway I thought about you and what my lovely oldest sister would of said and it would have been 'don't text her for a couple of days.'

Dunno if that would gave made any difference though. Coffee shops are good places to meet women. Unlike bars, they go those places alone. You should try bringing your own computer, sit in a good strategic spot, and wait to see what shows up in the next seat. And as someone suggested, play it cool. Ask for a phone number and would it be OK for you to contact her on it. Then wait two days. Come to think if it, I remember a girl who did exactly that to me. Unfortunately wasn't interested in her

M

markn1996

Hey bro do you have sisters? If not that might explain your final comment.

I have three and have always followed their advice when having 'women' problems. Also prefer the company of women over men for that very reason.

Anyway I thought about you and what my lovely oldest sister would of said and it would have been 'don't text her for a couple of days.'

Dunno if that would gave made any difference though. Coffee shops are good places to meet women. Unlike bars, they go those places alone. You should try bringing your own computer, sit in a good strategic spot, and wait to see what shows up in the next seat. And as someone suggested, play it cool. Ask for a phone number and would it be OK for you to contact her on it. Then wait two days. Come to think if it, I remember a girl who did exactly that to me. Unfortunately wasn't interested in her
yes 1.

problem with that is i dont want to bother anyone doing any work, thats why i would just rather wait for them to leave. but then when its time for them to leave ill chicken out.

and i don’t know about that one, being the “best place” it seems everyone has their own opinion on that. i read some just like to be there and not be bothered.