• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

So; How Is Everyone ....?

Chris22

Chris22

I don't 'Do' the whole xmass thing, myself. Creatures and I see it as just another day :chill: But, I can well recognise how so many mixed emotions could come to the boil at this time of year.

I'm supposing the whole thing must have climaxed, by now. Right about now, surely, it's all just beginning to gently subside?

Just hope no one here had a bad time :)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Thank you so much for posting this thread.
It's really lovely to think of everybody here, and I must admit, I had a bit of a hard time this evening but am always self-conscious when it comes to starting my own thread. :redface:
Am glad it seems you've not been too bad, Chris. :hug1:

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were difficult at times, with my brother being generally annoying. Nothing violent - just annoying.

I spent this evening with my parents and dogs - watching TV with a fire going, all snuggled in. My brother was out at the pub most of the night.

Then he comes in, slamming and kicking the doors in the house.
It made us all jump and the dogs hid behind the sofa.
He calls us all (me and my parents) 'fucking ****s', then then rants about the man he's obsessed with.. even going into details about the size of this man's his penis and how it's been up another man's ass... (yes, he's saying this to me - his little sister -and our parents).
He then gets very aggressive, shouting, swearing and threatening to 'knock all (our) fucking heads off'. He calls my Mum a fucking bitch, kicks the Christmas tree and throws a glass decoration against the wall.

I then left - that bastard has traumatised me enough, i'm not hanging around for more.
I struggled with feeling guilty that I was potentially leaving my parents and dogs in a dangerous situation.

In the car on my drive back to my flat I was panicky and crying.
Have managed to distract myself a bit since getting back, and will probably go to bed soon now that I know my parents are tucked up in bed with the dogs at their feet.
It obviously brought up loads of fear and anger in me though.