So hard to meet people online

M

mdddd

Doesnt thought was going to be so hard. Ive joined to every depression forum ive cama across, even to some not really related to me, every depression facebook group ive found, and search in every depression chatroom. People just dont talk, at least 1 on 1, and some are so... obnoxious. In facebook, no, they dont talk, and the problems they have are just... not problems, waste of time. In forums, no replies.

Ive not find something like a website to meet other people with depression, like the porpouse of the site is to meet other people with depression. In forums theres a rule like forums are not to meet people, are to ask and advice, so, if someone is dealing with loneliness (my problem) its not useful.

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi and welcome to the MHF! Hopeful helping.

You came to a place we're you can relate and meet people and mingle. We gotta have rules and yes be free to do what's meant to be free. Everyone has been sad or depressed or lonely even when they have someone in their lives. It's chemical imbalance in the brain, childhood trauma, genetics, or people not understanding each other. I hope you can find someone you can become friends with and always be there for each other in the rights and wrongs. GL GB BS!

H

Helena1

I don't think people with mh problems are the chattiest in general, if you just want to combat loneliness then more general chat or based on other topics might be a better bet.

BPDevil

BPDevil

its hard to make friends anywhere, out of all the people its likely you will only be able to connect with a few even in a forum like this, but its worth it, so maybe keep looking and reach out to people rather than expect them to reach out to you, im sure they will be welcome to it especially if they experience loneliness like you do

WhatsFriendship?

WhatsFriendship?

Doesnt thought was going to be so hard. Ive joined to every depression forum ive cama across, even to some not really related to me, every depression facebook group ive found, and search in every depression chatroom. People just dont talk, at least 1 on 1, and some are so... obnoxious. In facebook, no, they dont talk, and the problems they have are just... not problems, waste of time. In forums, no replies.

Ive not find something like a website to meet other people with depression, like the porpouse of the site is to meet other people with depression. In forums theres a rule like forums are not to meet people, are to ask and advice, so, if someone is dealing with loneliness (my problem) its not useful.

mdddd
Try this website www.socialanxietysupport.com i belong to that one also. I have the same avatar. That website might help you.

pepecat

pepecat

Not sure where you live, but there might be some groups you could go to to meet people in person, if that could help? Meeting people online can be quite unpredictable, and you might find more support face to face.