So......haloperidol???

Danniegirl1990

Danniegirl1990

Starting haloperidol tomorrow- quite nervous about it but I'm running out of options...

What are your experiences (side effects, helpful/not)?

Thanks

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Haloperidol I found to be very helpful to treat schizoaffective-bipolar. Once I got up to 15mg I started grinding my teeth, but they increased my cogentin to help with side effects. Once I got up to 20mg I started having face muscle twitches and had to stop taking it. Also when I first started taking it I wound up in the hospital because it made me feel "sideways". That's when I started taking cogentin for the side effects. I do think its a good drug I just cant tolerate it. Best of luck with it.

Danniegirl1990

Danniegirl1990

Been on it for a few days now. I haven't noticed any side effects but I have noticed my mood is elevating and think I need an increase of the haloperidol.
I read about lithium and haloperidol combination can cause brain damage or something?! I'm on both..

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I wanted to try lithium but my doctor wouldn't prescribe it for me because I drink. I've not heard of that interaction before. I know you do need to have regular blood tests while taking lithium.

letmein

letmein

Starting haloperidol tomorrow- quite nervous about it but I'm running out of options...

What are your experiences (side effects, helpful/not)?

Thanks
i found it an easy drug to take, but hard to stop. I had amassive crash when i wnet cold turkey on it.

no side affects for me.

B

Baseball girl

Hi I found that drug haloperidol to make me totally restless constantly moving even when just sat down it didn't suit me think that an older drug now there's abilify