• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So glad I have found this forum ;-)

L

lauripops

Hi,

My name is Laurie and I have suffered with mental health problems since I was 13. Im 23 now. I am currently not working, as I developed pneumonia in July 08 and I have not yet fully recovered and still under treatment. My ssp runs out in 3 weeks and I am going to be claiming incapacity benefit until I am better (I signed the petition by the way :)) but Im in total turmoil because my gp refuses to treat my mental health problems while I am recieving treatment for my other health issues, and things have completely spiralled.

Anyway, am going to post my issues in the relevant threads here in a moment, but using this oppurtunity to introduce myself xxx

Hello!!

L xxx

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hello :welcome: to the forum its a good place for support and info!

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi Laurie and :welcome:

This place is the place to be if you need extra support :) Everyone's really nice and will offer advice when and where you need it - feel free to pitch in wherever you feel too :).

Sorry too hear your GP won't treat your MH problems, but he must have a really good excuse! Have you asked him why? It could be because the meds you were on could cause severe side effects if combined with the meds you're on for the pneumonia (if you weren't on meds then ignore me :p). Ask him next time for a real answer!

Hope you get well soon :hug:
:flowers:

L

lauripops

Thankyou for the lovely welcome! Lozzi my gp said I cant take ad's with heart meds, but Im not on heart meds anymore. She is never there, he only works one day a week. Awful. They didnt diagnose pneumonia for 5 weeks, I nearly died. Am in the process of changing docs in the hope I see a more competant one!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum. There's such a good bunch of people here that I'm sure you'll feel right at home soon. Good luck with your change of docs!

D

Dollit

Hi and welcome to the forum - hope you get what you need here.