• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So frustrated and alone

A

AuraSunset

I'm so frustrated with my local Mental Health service. I had a support worker who was wonderful for two years, but she changed jobs and since then it's been a nightmare. I waited two years, yes two years, for a replacement, getting constantly fobbed off with excuses. I was temporarily given a new worker, who I spoke with once on the phone, waited six months for an appointment and then he called two days prior to it and said he'd left the job! Eventually I complained to the Ombudsman who told me that I had definitely been treated unfairly but they couldn't do anything because I left it too late to complain. And then the Mental Health service wrote to me saying I was being dismissed from their service! I'm pretty certain it's because I made the complaint. My support worker from my housing group complained to my doctor and he re-referred me to the Mental Health service but that was months ago and I've heard nothing since.

My time with my housing worker is over in two weeks, and we've had all the extensions we can get. She's the only support I have and I don't know what I'm going to do. The only other support available in my area is group support and that isn't gonna work for me. I'm agoraphobic and suffer from extreme social anxiety. I haven't been out of my house for many years, except to attend a dental appointment which they had to drug me almost to sleep to get me to! I can't go to group meetings, so I'm completely alone without any help. At this point, I'm feeling like it's not worth going on. My life just gets worse and worse. I'm living in a house I don't leave. I have no friends. And I do mean none. I haven't seen or spoken to anyone who wasn't a worker or family for over ten years. I don't do anything, I don't go anywhere. I can't get any help so it's not going to change. I have a bunch of health issues which make every day a painful struggle to get through and I can't get help for those either because they require multiple hospital visits and my doctor refuses to give me any medication (the dentist gave me what I needed to go to him) to get me there. It's just hopeless. My life is totally void of any hope whatsoever.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Who do you live with? Do you have any family? I don't have any friends, either; my only interaction is with my parents and occasionally, on this forum.

How do you even meet your doctor if you're agoraphobic?

A

AuraSunset

Who do you live with? Do you have any family? I don't have any friends, either; my only interaction is with my parents and occasionally, on this forum.

How do you even meet your doctor if you're agoraphobic?
My doctor comes and visits me at home. At least he did. The surgery is closing and we have to register with a new doctor, which is pretty terrifying. I have no idea if he's going to be as accommodating as mine has been. I heard the new surgery is struggling and suffers from long appointment waits already, so it's doubtful.

As for family, my dad is too old now to come and visit, but to be honest, the visits had stopped long before he got to that point. I haven't seen him or my sister for years, but we talk occasionally on the phone. My sister has been mentioning visiting for a couple of years, but it hasn't happened yet. I do have children. One moved to the US though. He visits once a year, and I know it's a lot of money, so I'm grateful for that. My eldest lives here sometimes and does visit regularly if she's living elsewhere, which I'm also very grateful for, but I feel like they are mostly 'what do you need' visits. She'll come and do jobs I can't, like putting out the bins or doing a proper cooked meal, as I live out of the microwave, lol. And again, I'm very grateful for it, but I'm pretty sure she'd come less if I could do more for myself.