So down right now.

M

Missfluffykitty

Basically I feel so down atm. I have literally no friends, they've either moved away or don't bother to communicate any longer. Every time I go out and try to talk to people I think I sound like a backward moron and they must think I'm seriously thick or retarded in some way. I have to go over what I've said in my mind and always beat myself up about it afterwards. I feel so low that I just want to stay in bed all the time. Sorry for ranty post I just feel at my wits end 😢

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hey, I'm glad you feel like you can reach out to us here X
I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad, I understand the issue of dealing with people and feeling like you are slow to keep up with conversation x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi welcome to the forum
I know this place is not the same as having real life friends but you have made a good first step joining the forum
I hope you like it here and make lots of new friends
love Lu xxx

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your feelings openly and honestly.

I also struggle to socialize when my anxiety disorder is constantly receiting the many ways I'm unacceptable. Almost every day, I spend so much mental energy just pretending to be okay.

Social anxiety can cause me to avoid conversation. Not because I don't want to talk to anyone but because I can't bear to spend the rest of the day replaying conversations to look for instances where I said something dumb and (in my mind) caused another person to dislike me.

So I worry. But I know my thoughts aren't facts. I can't read the minds of others even though anxiety tells me I can. I know social miscues are acceptable even though perfectionism tells me I must be flawless just to be acceptable.

I hope it helps to know you're not the only one struggling with anxiety. You deserve compassion not berating and you don't have to feel bad for feeling awkward. Whatever your thoughts may say - all the shoulds all the musts that play in your head - you are acceptable, any version of yourself.

A

ameerpup

Hi Missfluffykitty,

I am sorry you feel so down. I feel exactly the same atm. You are not alone.

I don't seem to be able to connect to myself, let alone other people.

Big hugs :hug:

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, trust me I know what it's like to not have any real-world friends to talk to. At the end of 2018-beginning of 2019 I was probably at my most lonely as I'd gone through a horrible breakup and no longer had any friends. However, since then, my life has turned around a little bit. I've got an amazing new group of friends who I'm very happy with and was lucky to find, however, I understand that this can be hard especially when you don't really know where to look for friends. Just know that you can always reach out on online forums like this one to meet new people. As odd as it sounds, I even set up a dating app for myself, not because I'm looking to get into a relationship, but just to have people to chat to normally. That sort of thing can really boost your confidence, especially if that person pays you compliments, says they enjoy talking to you etc. Then in no time you'll be able to utilise that confidence in the real world! :) I hope I haven't rambled on too much and that what I've said makes sense xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sorry state Depression Forum 1
M Depression Forum 17
B Depression Forum 8
Parayana Depression Forum 9
soulsearcher Depression Forum 11