• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

So depressed

M

MarkClarke

Feeling tired, hopeless, unmotivated, no appetite, no friends, no interest or pleasure from hobbies, poor grades, i don't study, memory and focus problems, staying in bed all day, i take medication but it doesn't help at all, I'm not suicidal yet i want to die, i keep imagining different methods, i am so lost and numb and empty, i don't know how to help myself, i feel so so so bad, low, it's so sad life keeps going on no matter how awful and terrible i feel, can someone help me please

N

NoOne5

Hey. I haven't seen you in a while. Sorry you're feeling depressed. :hug: :hug:

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I feel terrible too... it’s something I’m dealing with everyday. I hope you get better. :hug:

A

always thirsty

all you gotta do is post here if you want help. feels great to vent huh?

well it's cold outside and you aren't homeless. imagine how horrible that would be....feels pretty good to be you compared to that! maybe go out and help a homeless person, get them a coffee and a bit of money. helping others makes you feel good.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Feeling tired, hopeless, unmotivated, no appetite, no friends, no interest or pleasure from hobbies, poor grades, i don't study, memory and focus problems, staying in bed all day, i take medication but it doesn't help at all, I'm not suicidal yet i want to die, i keep imagining different methods, i am so lost and numb and empty, i don't know how to help myself, i feel so so so bad, low, it's so sad life keeps going on no matter how awful and terrible i feel, can someone help me please
I go through it too. I know it’s easier said than done, but just try to take really tiny steps to take care of yourself. A shower or bath can go a long way. Sometimes eating a good meal really helps me. Try not to feel so down on yourself, you’re doing the best that you can. It’s very hard to be motivated when you’re depressed so just try to understand that it’s not your fault, it’s just the depression. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

N

NoOne5

all you gotta do is post here if you want help. feels great to vent huh?

well it's cold outside and you aren't homeless. imagine how horrible that would be....feels pretty good to be you compared to that! maybe go out and help a homeless person, get them a coffee and a bit of money. helping others makes you feel good.
Sorry. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful or insensitive here.

A

always thirsty

i didn't see anything like that. i think you read into my post the wrong way.

was just trying to offer you comfort. i mean for real if you were homeless in this cold you truly would be miserable, if you just sincerely try to imagine that for a few minutes i believe you will feel better about your life. and yeah, helping others does actually make you feel better!

ps - i'm not homeless, this is just a technique i use to feel better, and grateful for what i have - down to the smallest trinket. it works better than anything and it's easy to do.

M

ManDss

Try to stay motivated some how. Try to keep studying. Remeber this: you feel bad now, but if you quit studies things gonna be much worse in the future.

M

MouthyOne

Sounds like you are having a rough time.

The staying in bed thing

M

MouthyOne

The staying in bed thing is a bad however understandable habit. It will prolong your mood as I'm sure you will know.

Have had days when I stay in bed for a day at a time and it's literally the worst. Luckily in a way one day doesn't lead to two.

How long are you staying in bed for at a time do you find?

M

MarkClarke

The staying in bed thing is a bad however understandable habit. It will prolong your mood as I'm sure you will know.

Have had days when I stay in bed for a day at a time and it's literally the worst. Luckily in a way one day doesn't lead to two.

How long are you staying in bed for at a time do you find?
For months now, staying in bed has become a coping mechanism, i do it a lot

M

MouthyOne

Beds are a "safe place" go it's natural to wish to be safe. It becomes an issue when used to that degree.

Are you meaning months as in using it as a coping mechanism for that length of time or that you have been in bed for months?

Sorry if that is a silly question. Not always easy to work out the story over a thread.

M

MarkClarke

Beds are a "safe place" go it's natural to wish to be safe. It becomes an issue when used to that degree.

Are you meaning months as in using it as a coping mechanism for that length of time or that you have been in bed for months?

Sorry if that is a silly question. Not always easy to work out the story over a thread.
I mean lenght of time yes, it is sad that i survive instead of actually living life, i find it so difficult to do everyday tasks, so overcoming depression seems so far away

M

MouthyOne

:(

Are you bed-ridden physically or mentally?

Anything that you can do to change that pattern?