• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

so confused...

chess

chess

I like my manager. But I'm not sure if I like like her (not in a sexual way cause I'm asexual) or if its just my bpd being my bpd. But I get jealous whenever other people talk to her or laugh and joke with her and I feel really awkward being around her...

Does this sound like bpd being a bitch?

I'm also convinced she hates me cause she rarely talks to me

Grape

Grape

Do you admire/look up to her? I tend to have this little kind of attachment to certain people, usually authority figures, and i feel uncomfortable around them because i want to please them. I feel inferior and nervy. I don't have BPD by the way. I sometimes get envious about their lives, the people in them, the fact that they are happy, successful, have fantastic Christmasses with family, that kind of thing. I hope that helps x It doesn't sound anything too far out of the ordinary to me. But it's not something i would tell people about either, except people on this forum of course.

L

lovagemuffin

hey you like her that's nice! don't complicate it we all have crushes.

Grape

Grape

I put people on a pedestal too. I think it is good to have people we admire, but it can cause us problems in terms of anxiety when around them, jealousy of people in their lives. I'm not sure if it is a BPD thing or not. I know that i do it, but i don't know if other people do because it's not something we talk about. Perhaps it is to do with low confidence?

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Yes, I can relate to this but I think it's okay to chill about. Having little crushes is a sign that you are lovely, don't you know that!?