• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

so confused

M

messed-up

Hi,
I don't know where to start, I've suffered depression for years (think it stems from sexual abuse when I was young), taking fluoxetine for the past 2 years with no change.
My oh says he has noticed a change in me last few years, and he doesn't know from 1 day to the next what sort of mood I'm going to be in.
The past few days my head is all over the place, 1 min I'm happy and "normal", the next min I'm really down crying and paranoid, and I am more worried about my kids my patience with them has gone they talk to me and the anger builds up in me, I would never in a million years hurt them, so I end up screaming at them, I usually punch myself in the head or pull my hair just to get the frustration out.
I'm not sure whats going on anymore, maybe I'm reading to much into things, don't want to talk to gp incase they think i'm making this up (don't even know myself).
sorry for the ramble, thanks for listening :hug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey messed up I understand completely that you don;t want to talk about it - but I suggest you do go back to your g,.p and show them this post that you just made - that would be easier. Coming here is already reaching out so I hope that you can keep that up and get the help that you need and deserve.

Keep posting

KS
:hug:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi I agree with KS, your GP may well be able to help you. I know just how you feel, I can just start crying for no apparent reason and when my kids were younger I used to shout at them a lot when I was feeling fragile.

Keep posting if it helps, it's somewhere safe to have a rant!

M

messed-up

thanks for the replies, just need to know I'm not making this up iykwim, I've been like this so long I don't know who the real me is, thanks again I'm so glad I found this place.

M

MYDOGSMELLS

hi, sorry you are going through this, I was the same as you, suffered depression for many years, I was put on Fluoxetine as well and it drove me up the wall, I was hitting myself as well as a whole host of other nasty things, when I came off it I came crashing down but it was better than what I experienced while on it, I had the same unbelievably quick mood swings and awful rages, was diagnosed with cyclothymia in the end. (not to suggest that's what you have) Try to get up the confidence to go to your docs, a change of medicine might help you. all the best x

jax

jax

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with many dx's through the years, including, depression, schizophrenia, BPD, psychosis etc. It wasn't until I had a massive manic episode in 2005 that I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1. Now they are considering changing the dx to schizo-affective disorder. SO in my opinion - dx's can and often do change. Try talking to your Dr.
Good luck.
Jacqui

:grouphug: