• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So confused

topsyturvy

topsyturvy

Feeling really quite confused right now. My body feels like I'm weighed down by lead weights, but I can't switch my mind off. I didn't sleep last night and I don't think I'll have much hope tonight. I've had a broken two hour nap during the day, but both before and after that I have been unable to concentrate on one thing. I'm at present reading a book, watching a documentary and desperately seeking something to do with my hands. I feel like I've been hit by a bus, and yet I'm buzzing. I have work tonight (I work night shifts), but I desperately want to go dancing and generally rampage. I feel like ringing my boss and telling her to stuff her f***ing job, as right now, I have much more interesting things to do. Not good.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi Topsy,

It may be an idea for you to first phone in sick to work. Then contact your carer/ CPN if you have one, or your local mental health crisis team.

topsyturvy

topsyturvy

Hi Topsy,

It may be an idea for you to first phone in sick to work. Then contact your carer/ CPN if you have one, or your local mental health crisis team.
Thanks for your concern :)

I can't afford to phone in sick to work, I'm on a 6 month probation as it is. I will just try and go in and keep my head down and hope no one notices, though they already think I'm a bit wierd... and I work in a special needs respite.

I don't have a carer I'm afraid, and my crisis team does office hours. I've taken herbal calming tablets and I'm attempting to sit still and forget how frustrated I am, but its not having much of an effect. I'm just pacing and digging my finger nails into my palms, and wanting to punch something. Urggh.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Thanks for your concern :)

I can't afford to phone in sick to work, I'm on a 6 month probation as it is. I will just try and go in and keep my head down and hope no one notices, though they already think I'm a bit wierd... and I work in a special needs respite.

I don't have a carer I'm afraid, and my crisis team does office hours. I've taken herbal calming tablets and I'm attempting to sit still and forget how frustrated I am, but its not having much of an effect. I'm just pacing and digging my finger nails into my palms, and wanting to punch something. Urggh.
Well I work in the legal field and even in court no-one has ever been able to give me an accurate definition of "normal" so if peers think you are "weird" sod them!

You should have a 24 hour crisis team in your area. Pm me if you like and i'll look them up for you.

Last edited:
topsyturvy

topsyturvy

Well I work in the legal field and even in court no-one has ever been able to give me an accurate definition of "normal" so if peers think you are "weird" sod them!

You should have a 24 hour crisis team in your area. Pm me if you like and i'll look them up for you.
I will PM you, thanks :)

I got two hours sleep in the end. I talked rapidly all night and seemed incapable of shutting up. I now feel like I've been hit by a car. My body is so tired, but I still can't disengage.