• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

SO annoyed :@

J

Jisatsu

I phoned my surgery to book an appointment with my doctor and I can only really go wednesday afternoons and the woman on the phone wasn't very helpful, just giving me times really early that I can't go to because I have 6th form :mad:

She said my doctor doesn't do a lot of surgery appointments so it might be difficult getting an appointment grrr so annoyed :(
I need to see the same doctor but I can't get an appointment :|

A

Affective

I phoned my surgery to book an appointment with my doctor and I can only really go wednesday afternoons and the woman on the phone wasn't very helpful, just giving me times really early that I can't go to because I have 6th form :mad:

She said my doctor doesn't do a lot of surgery appointments so it might be difficult getting an appointment grrr so annoyed :(
I need to see the same doctor but I can't get an appointment :|
Hi Jisatsu. Are you able to miss an hour of school to be able to see a Doctor? When I needed to see a Doctor, I spoke to my head of sixth form. She was very understanding, and allowed me to have time off and spoke to my tutor so that school was made easier for me. I was even allowed to re-sit exams when I had left.

J

Jisatsu

I can theoretically miss a lesson to see my doctor but exams are coming up and I need all the lessons I can get to revise :(

I have 2 free lessons in the middle of thursdays but I see my counsellor then.. I just need to see my doctor asap as I'm not coping very well :(

My parents don't know about any of this so this makes it even more difficult..

A

Affective

When I was about 16/17 my Psychosis and Depression got very bad. My parents had an idea something was wrong but didn't know exactly what. Eventually I told them. They were shocked, of course, after I had told them all the things I did to myself. However, they sat me down and asked how can they help. They offered me lifts to counseling, they said they will research my problems to see how they can help, they treated me with more patience etc You never know, telling your parents might just help.

J

Jisatsu

I don't think I can face telling my parents - I hate confiding in them as I'm not good at emotional situations with people.. I hated it when my parents fussed over me when they found out I self harmed so much I pretended it was just a one off and that I'm now fine..

I can't cope with constantly being watched over and cried at and being asked if I'm ok. I just hate the attention :( I know it sounds stupid as many people would love to have supportive/caring parents but I just can't deal with them.. not now anyway.

I might just have to see a different doctor in the end or miss a lesson :(

S

starfish

seeing your doctor

most doctors do a couple of evening surgeries a week that you can book ahead.:)

J

Jisatsu

Evening is too late as I'd have no plausible excuse to give my parents as to why I'm going out :( I might just have to book with any doctor because I'm that desperate to see someone.

J

Jisatsu

I ended up making an appointment with any doctor because I just need to see someone :(

I don't trust myself to carry on like this on my own. I need to talk to someone as soon as I can.

D

DrawWithMe

It's okay to see a few different people. who knows? maybe you'll like this one more :)
x