• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

So angry why r gps so bad

U

utter madness

I was on risperidone for around 6 wks now it wasn't perfect but it was helping a bit but I got told today I was to stop them as it was effecting my body in someway which I understand but my gp didn't have the decency to call me got the office lady to call and was told just to stop no replacement med or ne thing I get treated this way cause they say I have a personality disorder I feel so let down the system so wrong 6 wks and still no appt with my psychtrist I'm ready to explode as I've had enough of them taking the piss I'm wide awake with terrible withdrawals

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Sounds as though you're having a pretty rough time of it at the moment.

Did your GP not mention coming off of the meds gradually? Perhaps there was an immediate risk and they had to be stopped abruptly; though this does seem strange.

Can you go back to your GP and talk through your withdrawal concerns and also ask them to chase up your appointment with your psychiatrist?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think that's really really bad practice. :mad:

To call you in and talk face to face, to just expect you to stop rather than sensibly reduce your dose and to not offer you any alternative - I think that's absolutely terrible.
I'm so sorry that the GPs you've seen have been so bad.

I know this might have already been suggested and i've got a feeling you've already tried, but are there any other GPs at the surgery that you can see who might me more helpful?
Also, just wondering if/when you have an appointment with a psychiatrist?

U

utter madness

U ask if ne the other gps r ne better the answer is no there all terrible they have this idea that pds aren't a real illness I've gave up with them the withdrawals aren't so bad now but feeling a bit on the high side still waiting on my psychtrist appt been around 6 wks no idea how long it will tk I'm so tired with it all now wondering if it's really worth the effort

L

lovagemuffin

go back and ask for a second opinion they cannot do this to you.(n)

J

jimindigo

Yes, you are LEGALLY entitled to a second opinion. When you ask for it,it cannot be refused,it is the law!

U

utter madness

I can't go bk I just can't deal with them ne more I have bad side effects voices r bk and my mood has took a total dive I'm so tired they don't care can't tk there rudeness ne more why bother I can't cope ne more don't want to go on curl up and die is a simple option just want to cry no human being should have to through this or be treated this way no support or nothing I feel so angry

L

lovagemuffin

I think you could phone the emergency number it 111 they can help you and its over the phone. youneed to get some meds I cant believe they didthis to you:cry:

S

SF2020

So sorry this has happened to you. I too was on Risperidone and now on Lamictal. Things are much better on lamictal. Thinking of you!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Still no news on the appointment with the psychiatrist?
Have you got a number you can contact them or their secretary on?
You shouldn't be left waiting so long. It's ridiculous. :hug:

pepecat

pepecat

Unofortunately psych appointments can take a while to come through - the secondary care system is quite busy, and they get a lot of referrals. It's like trying to funnel things through a straw - takes a while.
My initial appointment took about 8 weeks to come through and that was 6 years ago now. I can't imagine the system has improved at all in that time.....

Try and be patient, or give them a ring and ask if they know how long it's likely to take.

U

utter madness

I haven't got a number for them I don't want to seem desperate they don't like that I'm not a new referral been before it's just I've not seen my psychtrist In a year so I had to go back through my gp seems ridiculous I've been left all that time without ne support they don't care I feel so low what's the point ne more

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I haven't got a number for them I don't want to seem desperate they don't like that I'm not a new referral been before it's just I've not seen my psychtrist In a year so I had to go back through my gp seems ridiculous I've been left all that time without ne support they don't care I feel so low what's the point ne more
Honestly, I think you're doing so well to make it up to this point.
I know you've been writing here for what seems like a while about some really uncomfortable experiences... just hold on to the hope that you'll get an appointment soon and hopefully some decent help. x

U

utter madness

I finally got my referral letter through my gp made a total cock up sent me bk to c my old psychtrist I'm so unhappy as that man is my worst nitemare he called my all sorts of horrible things said I had no mh issues just my personality is bad and I get a kick out of other peoples misery which is so untrue he nearly drove me to suicide that man I can't go bk went to my gp this morning been total rebuffed by him they couldn't have cared less I'm in such despair I've never felt so low plus I'm on there silly list to c someone it's going tk months it's like the mh system just toss u to 1 side like a piece of meat can't do this ne more don't want to be here ne more or c ne them

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Combination of cuts to services, increased incidence of mental/social illness, & increase of awareness/media campaigns leading to more people seeking contact with services - i think has created a perfect storm. Services are flooded - 'mental health' is a growing tsunami in the UK.

Personally i can't even get a referral to a psychiatrist - the last time i tried (have tried 4 times in the past 2 years), the GP said the LMHT are only accepting new referrals from people in severe psychosis, &/or at imminent risk of suicide. i was told when i was discharged around 2 & a half years ago that i could self refer back at any time.

Truth is on balance i don't really want any contact with them on the whole - given the limitations of what's on offer - What service is provided anyway? Think it can help with benefit claims, but there is also a lot of interference. Some people seem to get a lot from contact with them all, but i wonder how much genuine resolution to peoples difficulties is being achieved in a lot of cases?