• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

snakes

B

Boudicca

They are Aesculapian snakes.

Shame that they have to be culled though. Unfortunately I have to agree with the culling based on the fact that they aren’t native to Britain and could destroy or mess up our ecosystem. Another part of me wants to go and rescue them and keep them. Poor things. Thanks for the article.

American Boy

American Boy

Wow I didn’t realise those Terrapins were in that pond. Are they native to England? Or did some one release them into the pond?
There are a lot of people who release there unwanted pets into the wild and because London is pretty mild they adapt to the climate. Terrapins are an invasive species and can be found in many rivers and ponds around London, also gold fish as well.

B

Boudicca

Forgot to add that I could possibly get in trouble with authorities if I went and collected them. Not that I particularly care what the authorities say but still.

B

Boudicca

There are a lot of people who release there unwanted pets into the wild and because London is pretty mild they adapt to the climate. Terrapins are an invasive species and can be found in many rivers and ponds around London, also gold fish as well.
Oh yeah Goldfish are modified Carp that are bred specifically to look golden. They can grow up to huge sizes. I’m glad you rescued the Terrapins. Kudos to you! Just don’t get in trouble.... you know?

B

Boudicca

I had 2 goldfish once! One was called Gabba and one was called Zinc. After Gabba techno and the Jungle/ Drum and bass DJ Zinc. I was a raver... what can I say?!

American Boy

American Boy

Oh yeah Goldfish are modified Carp that are bred specifically to look golden. They can grow up to huge sizes. I’m glad you rescued the Terrapins. Kudos to you! Just don’t get in trouble.... you know?
Yeah I nearly got into trouble because the locals didn't want me taking the terrapins but its a good job I did because that pond is all dried up now. Some of my goldfish are rescued fish from my local park pond, the park keepers gave me permission to take them because they eat all the native pond life like frogspawn and endangered newt eggs etc.

American Boy

American Boy

And also you should be ok with the snakes, just wait until they are basking in the sun and take something to put them in, there easy to get.

B

Boudicca

Yeah I nearly got into trouble because the locals didn't want me taking the terrapins but its a good job I did because that pond is all dried up now. Some of my goldfish are rescued fish from my local park pond, the park keepers gave me permission to take them because they eat all the native pond life like frogspawn and endangered newt eggs etc.
Oh that was nice of them. That’s cool!! It’s a good job that you rescued the Terrapins!! Seems like the locals don’t know what they are talking about. I’m glad you’ve got them now. :) :) :)

B

Boudicca

And also you should be ok with the snakes, just wait until they are basking in the sun and take something to put them in, there easy to get.
I don’t know if my partner would let me bring them back. I’ve got 10 Tarantulas,2 scorpions, 5 cats, 2 snakes, 1 praying mantis, 1 Madagascar hissing roach and her babies and a giant African Millipede. I don’t know if I have the room.

B

Boudicca

How big are they? Maybe PMs should be better to discuss this.

B

Boudicca

Copperheads look like Cornsnakes. Cornsnake are often mistaken for Copperheads and killed:mad: Not heard of Timber rattlers. They sound hardcore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Phobia Forum 6