• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

snakes

B

Boudicca

what do i do if someone had one as a pet nearby and it got out and gets into my house and wants to eat me and my girlies :panic:
I’m sure they would need a license or a permit to own such a creature. They would know to keep the snake in a secure enclosure and monitor the snakes movement at all times. They could get in trouble if they didn’t. I’m sure no one near you owns such an animal. Try not to worry hun. They are quite expensive so not many people could afford them any way. Not a lot of people keep them as pets. I’m sure you’ve got nothing to worry about. Try not to worry. :hug1:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Its says they live in the rain forest too. They shed their skin. And eat small mammals and fish and frogs and other snakes

B

Boudicca

All Snakes shed their skin to grow. Even though they have a back bone. My Tarantulas moult their Exo skeleton, which is on the outside of their body. Same with my Scorpions. 662FF299-1167-4EB1-9627-869226859D11.jpeg

American Boy

American Boy

Monitor lizards are cool but can grow to massive sizes. Do you own any? Rough neck? Blackthroat?
I'd really love to own some Tegu's or a couple of huge monitor lizards but feeding them would cost a lot plus I would need basking lamps for them and it all gets pretty costly so the next best are leopard geckos.

B

Boudicca

I'd really love to own some Tegu's or a couple of huge monitor lizards but feeding them would cost a lot plus I would need basking lamps for them and it all gets pretty costly so the next best are leopard geckos.
Yes my family had a Leopard gecko, until it accidentally ate some of its sand substrate with its good and got impaction problems and passed away. I do agree that they are gorgeous lizards. Yes Tegus and Monitors are quite costly to keep. I’ve only just got into reptile keeping a couple of months ago. I’m a Tarantula and Mantid girl for the most part. I have 2 Cornsnakes. 1 Anery Sunkissed Cornsnake and a Blood red diffused Cornsnake. The Anerys name is IO... pronounced eyeoh, and the Bloodred is called Nathair, which is Irish for Snake. They are both girls. ( I think) You can always PM me if you want to see pictures of them.

American Boy

American Boy

All Snakes shed their skin to grow. Even though they have a back bone. My Tarantulas moult their Exo skeleton, which is on the outside of their body. Same with my Scorpions. View attachment 26126
I rescued some terrapins from a pond here in London, they are yellow sliders and red eared terrapins. Also if your after any snakes there are some roaming free along the canal and in regents park. They are non native to the UK. I forget the name of them but I will have a quick search in google.

B

Boudicca

I rescued some terrapins from a pond here in London, they are yellow sliders and red eared terrapins. Also if your after any snakes there are some roaming free along the canal and in regents park. They are non native to the UK. I forget the name of them but I will have a quick search in google.
I live in London!!

B

Boudicca

Wow I didn’t realise those Terrapins were in that pond. Are they native to England? Or did some one release them into the pond?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Phobia Forum 6