• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

snakes

D

Deleted member 91724

Funnily enough I always used to but recently spent four years living and working in Arizona, where seeing rattlesnakes was an almost daily occurrence. That cured me. But....if I have a dream that involves a snake, then I wake up in a cold sweat!

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

They have these scales that get mites, it freaks me out. Gives me goose bumps. I dont mind the smell. But I dont like feeding them. Crickets are ok i guess:panic:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i dont like snakes wrapping round me i freak out cause last time i thought it was going to bite me and dropped the snake and backed away from it :panic: (college)

was not helped by the fact one of the snakes at college was notorious for taking sadistic pleasure in biting students and that one was a massive boa constrictioner :panic:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

:panic: Are you feeling better about snakes? I had a bad college expierence too! It was laying on the ground and thought it would be funny to bring it to class. I never did leave it on the floor. But I thought about it. I would of gotten into massive trouble.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

:panic: Are you feeling better about snakes? I had a bad college expierence too! It was laying on the ground and thought it would be funny to bring it to class. I never did leave it on the floor. But I thought about it. I would of gotten into massive trouble.
i'm still afraid of them :panic:

the one i help was a rat snake i think but cause it moved quick i thought it was about to bite and dropped it onto the table :hidesbehindsofa:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

:panic: I held all kinds of snakes. Boas are sweet snakes. I just don't like feeding them.

I

indigo6

Horrendous creatures Midnight. Yak!

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Idk I'd kill it if it bit me. I got bit one time at Edison park. By a gardaner snake. I think that's the right spelling. It didn't hurt but I felt strange about it. I threw it on a log. Another time at edison park there was a huge one rattling. I took video of it. I ran away. And my one friend (who recently passed) had snakes. Tons. And then there was the fair. I held one there after I did the shooting range. But that one was nice. It's a boa. I think I might want one.

American Boy

American Boy

It all depends... I've picked up snakes outside, grass snakes and adders and slowworms which are like snakes but lizards without legs.

They can be a little freaky the way they move and I'd be totally freaked out if one was in my house but outside or in a pet shop they are generally ok once you handle them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Phobia Forum 6