Smoking ... Journey to stop... I'm quitting ! Xx

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I don't know if most people would consider smoking tobacco as a form of SH .. but for me I had stopped smoking for over 10 years and I think part of starting again was as a slow form of SH.

But things have changed and I want to live a long life , and a healthy one ...so I've quit smoking ...
And I just wanted to start this thread to keep a record of my quitting process , success and any failures.

I hope this may help to encourage others to stop ..
Thanks for stopping by x

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Day one
So far I've had one today and I'm running out of tabacco, planning not to buy anymore ... I have my eVape thing and once I've run out of tabacco I want to switch to that as I cut down and then quit ...! Xx

R

Ramson bangers

Well done UH

Yes i also class it as harming myself and worse, my gf who i cant leave alone

Good luck bud

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Good for you . I’m sure you’ll succeed. It took me several attempts and back then there was only nicotine gum so I used that. But must admit I became addicted to that and it took a while to quit but at least it was less harmful then cigs . I think vapeing is a good way as long as you reduce the amount of nicotine over time.

J

Jules5

Bravo for quitting smoking. I have a quit date for May 2nd 2019. I have since been smoking loads of cigarettes scared to quit-they have been with me along time. I will look forward to your posts.

My tool kit to quit consist of: Chantix, Wellbutrin, 21mg nicotine patch, 4mg of nicotine gum, and cinnamon sticks . Great success to us all who smoke and want to quit.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

# Day one update

Well I managed to only smoke 6 cigarettes yesterday !

From the 20 I was smoking before Christmas last year it's a big change X

Every time I go to have one , sometimes I stop myself by thinking, I'd rather have an extra hour or even minute with my true love than this thing ... that is really helping to motivate me X

XXX so one day doing well XXX

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

# Day Two

so far only 4 .... Been up since 9am and it's 3 pm now .... 6 hours and only 4 , I would have normally had at least 6 or 7 by now .... X

burt tomato

burt tomato

Keep going bro. Smoking is a real bitch to give up, but once you are done, she will just be a stinky memory.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

# Day two update

Ended the day having smoked 8, so not as good as day one, but still a big change from 20 ....

Thanks for the replies and support it really does help x

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

# Day three

Its 12:30 ... And I've only had two ...
Not used the e cig yet today either ...
Not feeling grumpy or anything else bad so far xxx

The love of an amazing woman is better than any drug ! Xxxx

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Day four and five

Managed to smoke about 7 or 8 each day ... So a big drop from 20 x