• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

smokers cough

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
doas anyone know how to get rid of smokers cough? i`ve tried cough medicine and plenty of cough sweets but i still sit here coughing.

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i want to but its heart ach trying so i`m not lol

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm a smoker.I dont know about smokers cough but I find that smoking keeps coughs and colds away.
Having said that I dont want to become the next lung cancer victim.

A

Apotheosis

I need to stop smoking too.

There is a very good detoxification drink you can make. You need a coffee pot - or a teapot to infuse it all in -

Fresh lemons - Quarter; squeeze, & throw skins & all in the pot.

Sage - Fresh if possible, dried is OK too. A good amount (handful); chop up & throw in pot.

Fresh Ginger root - Finely chop - throw in pot.

Now pour over boiled water & leave to infuse - stirring occasionally. Brew for 10 minutes - Pour in a mug & add -

1 spoonful of Honey (Manuka - if you can afford it)

Drink & be merry.

It works. :)

L

lisafrmuk

giving up smoking is NOT easy at the best of times and usually u have to be in the right frame of mind to do it .. sadly for us who suffer from mental health problems its alot harder !! ..x...
i wish you all the best in giving up .. but if u cant just try to cut down at least .. xx
i gave up last august ... and was on the patches --- FOR 8 MONTHS !!!!! .. ive started smoking again recently .. just two weeks i been smoking .. im finding it so hard .. so im totally with you on this one !! ..x...

i hope your cough improves ... im sorry i cant help much x.x.

J

jamesdean

I have been off fags for nearly four years it is easy and believe me your nerves are better off the fags mh is no excuse for smoking if I can give up anyone can I enjoyed/loved every cigarette that I smoked to the very last one I smoked, You have to want to do it though, yseterday funnily enough I seen a friend with one in her mouth n it looked lovely but I wouldnt even consider it life without cigarettes is clean n until you can see that its hard to understand whot I'm saying, its the most dirtest habit ever to be invented and when you smoke you will find every excuse in the world for the habit........... n I'm not an anti smoker, I just cannot tell people enough how nice it is not to be a smoker.

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
how did you start giving up james?

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i think i`m just gona have to try smokeing in the kitchen at the minute, giving up is really hard for me.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
One way to reduce your smoking is to switch from tailor made to roll your own tobacco.It's very easy to smoke one after another with tailors but not so convenient to roll one up.It's a lot cheaper too.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can buy filters.

J

jamesdean

how did you start giving up james?
For some reason I always said I would give up when I became forty, it took a couple of gos but in the end I did it in about 5 months I say 5 because this was always has far has I would get n then start agin once I got past that time It was easy sailing the most help that I found use ful was the nicorette chewing gum I admit it tokk about three years but the doctors say it usually takes 6 attempts, the patchs are a wasteof time I tried them once, but the saying never give up giving up helped me loads each time I failed I knew that I could have another go.
The thing is someone said to me once a smoker always a smoker but it isnt llike that for me I have no desire to smoke, give it a go scott

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Wellbeing 9
N Wellbeing 3
N Wellbeing 7