slowly building fears of everything

A

ajb

Hi lately i have been building fears of everything, i didnt think it was a problem until i realised i was being scared of things tht i didnt even consider a scary thing.

it first started when i was watching movies and whenever i saw old people in the street i started thinking wat it would be like to be old and the fear of growing old and dying started. this is my most biggest phobia recently and is making me depressed and i just want to stop these thoughts but they wont go away.

then i started being scared of birds, i was swooped often when i was a kid and usually i dont worry bout them but lately ive been scared that a whole bunch of birds will come after me and i find myself constantly watching out for birds.

i lost my licence 3 months ago and just got it back and my first day of driving i was terrified, which i know is stupid cuz ive been driving for years and ive never been this scared of driving. i keep thinking someone is gonna crash into me or my car is gonna fault somehow and ill swirve into someone.

can someone please tell me what the hell is going on.

i dont wanna be scared anymore, i just wanna be normal again. :cry:

A

ajb

gee.. thanks for all your help,

im seriously getting so freaked out about death, i feel like crying.

i might as well end it all.

S

sknrazxxx

Sorry Im not too much help!!

Sorry Im not too much help about this, but you are not alone.... I am having increasing fears of things... stupid things that if I didn't have depression or understand depression I would be laughing at......... only it's nothing to laugh about at all.

I wished someone could help me too, Im new to this problem too, but I keep telling myself I will get better and this is just another symptom of depression.

again sorry Im not helping

H

hiddenharvestmouse

ive had these similar feelings, it used to be much worse when i was binge drinking. But I still get them at times, i think about what if people in my family die, how would i cope.