• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Slipping through the gaps in the system...

M

mememe

Hi, I've got 3-6 months ahead of me on a waiting list to see a psychologist. Signed off work cause feel unable to cope. Max dose of antidepressants so Dr can't help. She's noce but basically said I just have to wait. Went nuts last time I had tranquilisers from the Dr to help me sleep. I'm not 'unwell' enough (or diagnosable enough) to see a psychiatrist...

I have this unbelievable chronic fear, it's painful and terrifying, I feel like the world is going to end and I'm gonna be sucked into the ground or something. I feel totally alone even though logically I know I'm not. Common sense doesn't get through to me. I just feel in so much pain. I've given up self-harm and alcohol/drugs but now I don't know what to do with my feelings. I flick between feeling reasonable and feeling suicidal. Only takes something small to kick it off.

I don't know how to feel. All I know is fear and that it's truly painful. I don't even understand other emotions. Does that make sense to anyone?

Help appreciated - feel very isolated xx

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Its very frustrating waiting so long for psychological services.
I hope something works out foryou.
KP:hug:

R

riverofdragons

I have been on the list 5 months already, and I had an urgent referal from my psychiatrist. Hope your area has more staff than mine.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there i am in a very similar situation to you do you have a cpn they can be very helpfull i have been waiting for cbt therapy too unfortunately they cant offer very much even when they do dole it out because they dont have enough money. my cpn today has just told me to push the boundries and face up to my fear of going out on my own i also have this terrible fear too its awful isnt it i have to walk to a place i am scared of tomorrow and she says if i do the things i fear regulaly enough i should get more confident and feel better. hope you feel better soon diddy

J

jamesdean

Mememe anxiety is such a crippling condition in it self I wish you well JD