• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Slipping into dream states

M

Mastiff mom

I have recently been slipping into a consciousness while awake. I have done this around friends and my husband where I begin to speak as if in a different reality. Sometimes I begin and catch myself, other times those around me " wake" me from this trance like state. I'm really perplexed by this and freaked out. I do talk in my sleep and have night terrors that can be hard to wake me from. Anyone experienced or heard of this?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I don't know - but there a whole range of sleep disorders - i think i have heard of it before.

There were some videos of someone who would fall asleep at the drop of a hat on youtube. he needed a carer to help him.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear this has been happening to you and you’re freaked out by it. :hug: xx
During my teens I had nocturnal epilepsy. While awake, I only ever had one seizure that I can remember but I would often slip into a dreamlike state; my parents would catch me staring into space as if in a trance and would wake me; this still happens from time to time, especially when I’m tired. I also talk in my sleep and went through a short period when I sleep walked as well as a short period of time when I had night terrors although I didn’t realise that’s what they were until recently.
Could this be related to your recent concussion Mastiff mom? :hug: xx