• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Slipping back into a dark place

L

LostSpirit

I suffered really bad in 2018 with aniexty and depression, the depression side has always really been there I had a tough childhood and was put in care from the age of 3 and I guess it comes from that, anyway no matter how bad in the past I've felt I'd somehow put on a brave face manage to work and get done whatever I needed to for that week, my way of dealing with it is to cry myself to sleep at night.

With this third lockdown I've felt my self slipping back, I'm struggling to not cry at work, I feel so crappy about myself and nothing seems to change it, no point talking to my GP they must be snowed under with people who are suffering at the minute.

I walk about with such a heavy heart I have so much sadness and know matter how much I talk about it. It never goes.

K

karl7

sorry youre having such a tough time of late, i have depression, social anxiety and schizophrenia myslef....i know hwo tough depression can be but you gotta remember that it will pass, just take it as easy as possible, relax as much as you can....are you on medication

L

LostSpirit

sorry youre having such a tough time of late, i have depression, social anxiety and schizophrenia myslef....i know hwo tough depression can be but you gotta remember that it will pass, just take it as easy as possible, relax as much as you can....are you on medication
Thanks for the reply, have never been on medication mainly because I always think I'll be strong enough one day to get over it myself.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thanks for the reply, have never been on medication mainly because I always think I'll be strong enough one day to get over it myself.
I would contact your GP immediately and try to get some help for this. Depression can be a life threatening illness. They may be able to prescribe medications that could help you and/or refer you to counseling, preferably both. Don’t let your modesty and consideration for others allow you to put yourself last on the list of priorities for who gets taken care of. Your struggles are just as important as everyone else’s struggles. Putting your name at the top of the list for care and attention just means that you are taking good care of you. xo, j

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
my way of dealing with it is to cry myself to sleep at night.
sounds like you have low serotonin. the brain, and or the mind, and or the external life, all 3, can affect serotonin. for example you can take pills which raise serotonin, or you can raise self esteem which raises serotonin, or you can go to a rock concert which raises serotonin. sometimes the serotonin can become too low and get in a rut. then the usual things dont work to raise it. some people have had to get ECT to force the brain out of this rut. which is usually a last resort.

Blooming

Blooming

With this third lockdown I've felt my self slipping back, I'm struggling to not cry at work, I feel so crappy about myself and nothing seems to change it, no point talking to my GP they must be snowed under with people who are suffering at the minute.
That has happened to me as well. I try to work on my problems, but then it is as if the resources are used up. I have a black day or more and then continue to pull myself togheter for a while.

Good hopes to both of us! :grouphug: