• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Slightly unsure on how to confess to my crush

M

MrBond007

Okay so, I just want to point out that I have no idea as to what section of this forum I should be putting this on. Hell I'm still not entirely sure If I'm posting this on the right forum even. But anyways about 7 or so months ago, I started to develop a crush on this girl from my college course. My class in college is quite small (around 6 or 7 people) most of which don't even come in that often since because of the pandemic. We're all quite a friendly bunch and get along with everyone. Especially between me, this girl and one of my other friends (who also has a crush on her, to which I'll get into later on). This girl isn't the usual girl I would necessarily have a crush on since I typically go for the taller, curvy, make up wearing, overly hot ones. But this girl just has certain traits that just make her equally as beautiful in her own right, she is petite, cute, kind, caring, immaculate, intelligent, intellectual, pretty funny too and just overall seems like a very nice person to be with. I like to think me and her are relatively close friends considering we tend to get a long well with each other, as us all in our circle of friends (or friendly acquaintances rather). Me, her and my friend are all pretty close with one another. Me and her seem to share a few interests and we both seem to have much more of a substantial knowledge of the internet more than anyone else in our group, since we both tend to reference memes to one another and it would make us laugh. Where as with my other friends, they just have no idea what I am talking about lol

She came into our course in September 2019, when we all first met her. She was and still is pretty quiet and sort of introverted, similar to what I used to be in my first year of college haha. Eventually she started to become more comfortable with us, and we all would get along really well. We would all crack jokes and she would laugh and smile, and she would do the same. For some reason during the first few months of getting to know her, I just saw her as a friend. I never really thought of her in that manner for some reason. Perhaps it was probably because I was going through a few girl issues myself but anyways. November 2019, and this is when my friend had admitted to me that he had a crush on her. And since then I would occasionally try to help him out and give him motivation and stuff. Around this time, he had indeed confessed his love to her, so it was kind of a running theme throughout our class. However he never asked her out, to which I kept trying to motivate him to go ahead. Considering from my point of view at least, she seemed to like him back. I mean we we're all pretty close anyway, but from what I saw there was just so much sexual tension in the air with them two. And considering since the entire class knew also, they where all egging each other on to get with one another. During around November 2019. Me, her, my friend (who likes her) and another friend was at the store doing some Christmas shopping (since we was all planning on buying everyone in our class Christmas presents for one another). I can't remember much but I think we we're discussing about my friend's crush on her. I do remember her coming up to me alone in the store and she quietly told me that I was turning this into something it was not or something like that. I asked her afterwards if she was okay and she said yes. Ultimately I felt bad not only for myself but for my friend since he may have to experience a heartbreak soon if he does end up confessing. Either way I never told him nor anyone this because I didn't think that would do any good for him and just allowed things to continue as normal.

Throughout November and December 2019, it started to become more and more apparent that he had a crush on her, again she already knows he has a crush on her and virtually everyone else in our course knows and openly discusses it all the time. I still tried to help him and give him motivation to talk to her properly and ask her out, despite what she had told me in the store. I did feel a certain amount of guilt for myself for doing so but the thing is, everybody was also doing the same, I just didn't want to be the only person not motivating him about it since it would feel kinda suspicious. And besides I figured it would be better for him to confess and see what she says rather than prolong this phase for him, which could possibly result in a bigger heartbreak for him. Again I just tried to forget what she told me at the store and just continued as normal. To my surprise they still got quite close to one another, they would virtually always sit next to each other (whether it was his intention or hers, I wasn't sure), during Christmas they gave each other gifts (as did all of us) but theirs seemed to be a bit more thoughtful to one another, around valentines day he had give her a card (and I think she gave him one back) and even around Feb 2020, he had asked her if she wanted to lean her head on his shoulder to which she did. Throughout this period I (and everybody else) was still discussing it and trying to motivate him. I did it rarely however because I was almost certain they would get together at some point considering these events.

Now considering Me, her and him where all technically pretty close to on another, me and her also had our moments too (though not as notable as that) but she would occasionally say nice things about me. And she would often put her hand on my arm/shoulder sometimes for reassurance. At one stage, we was all talking about me, my friend and my other friend on how we all relate to Alvin and the Chipmunks, and my friend said I was mostly like Theodore. And then she agreed and told me I was the cute one. Whether that was particularly intended to be a direct compliment or not I wasn't sure. But my friend (who liked her) said Awwww. So I wasn't too sure exactly as to what the context was behind that. I do however still treasure the fact she said that to me haha. During the final day at college before the Christmas holiday in 2019, we was all having a party in the theater, I was pretty drunk at the time and I kept playfully tickling her and she kept playing a long with it, she would tickle me back too, chasing each other, laughing, wacking my elf hat etc. It was pretty fun, I remember coming up to her and I said I loved her to which she said she loved me too. I didn't think much of this though since I wasn't intending to be romantic or anything I was just being playful and friendly, and so for me to be drunk just accentuates these feelings and makes me get a little frisky haha. Me and her would occasionally give hugs to one another as did her and my friend. But I think since there was already this tension in the air between them, it allowed them to become more intimate with one another without people being surprised. I forgot to mention that the college course I do is Drama/Dance, and I was assigned as her dance partner in a duet as part of an ensemble dance. Though I didn't necessarily felt that way at the time, looking back at it, it was still very nice to dance with her and sort of hold her to that extent. Sorry if that sounded creepy lol. I've also noticed occasionally she would look at me sometimes and I would notice her from the corner of my eye watching me, till I would turn to her and she would look away. I found that pretty cute ngl. Also at one stage (this might seem slightly embarrassing but) around February 2020, there was an occasion where I was lying down with my head on her lap. What had happened was we was all sat in some small room, I was extremely tired at the time since I had zero sleep the night prior. And since my friend tended to always make moves with her to this extent (like for example a few times during November when they would be sat next to each other he would always keep putting his head on her shoulder, she wouldn't do nothing though) So I figured I would just do the same since all three of us where pretty close, and she understood my humor pretty well. Plus I was absolutely shattered and I honestly felt like passing out, so I just leaned my head on her lap. She didn't seemed to mind it at all, as a matter a fact she was smiling and started taking pictures of my face lol. My friend (who likes her) asked her if she liked it jokingly, to which she didn't really respond but she kept smiling either way. Shortly after that is when, my friend had asked her if she wanted to rest her head on his shoulder, to which they did but her expression wasn't necessarily the same. I figured it might be from the fact she might've felt bad for sort of leaving him out or something? To be honest I have no idea. I think that was the final time I saw them do anything really intimate. But it was around February 2020 where I was genuinely confused about my feelings for her.

During March 2020, I started to get especially confused about my feelings for her. Around this point I think our friendship became a little more personal considering me and her started talking directly on social media DMs. I would start talking to her about issues I was having as well as personal problems and she would always read them and was always willing to respond back with an equally long message. And this went on for a good few months during lockdown. She would occasionally message me and vent her problems to me too, to which I would always read thoroughly and reply back to her with an equally long message. At some points she gave my messages hearts. I wasn't sure if she had these types of conversations to my friend but she did with me, either way I was glad I could talk to her about these things personally because she is a very good and caring friend, and I was also glad to help her out too. I remember the day after that conversation, when we was in college. She was coming off as more friendly with me than usual. Even though we was in the same class, she kept walking up to me saying Hi. She sat down close next to me on the floor even though I was literally the only one sat on the floor. I'm not saying that these are ultimately signs of a romantic interest. But I had a feeling she wanted to be around me more. It was also good to talk her via DMs because when I am at college I tend to be quite energetic, flamboyant and try to make people laugh (probably because I have a terrible home environment, depression and crippling anxiety to the point where I am bedridden and having to be on 20mg Flouxetine antidepressants). It's just one of my ways of 'escaping' so to speak, to get away from all the awful experiences I am having everywhere else and what I've been going through for the past 2 years. To be somewhere, where there is friendly people to connect with I try to do my best to have fun while it lasts. Everywhere else, I am pretty tame and relaxed, and ideally that is the side of me that I want her to see which is why I'm glad I can talk to her in this manner. I remember at one point I was talking to her about the way I am sometimes at college as opposed to being at home and I did apologize to her if my antics may creep her our or make her feel uncomfortable to which she told me not to worry, and that I didn't make her feel uncomfortable and creeped out and said that she actually thinks I am really funny, with a blushing face. Again I'm not making any assumptions.

Just after this came the lockdown, so we had to stay home and do our work online. Me and her would still chat throughout this period as normal. It was at this point around the end of March that I started developing feelings for her, and to some extent I felt pretty bad about it because my friend really likes her and that obviously wouldn't go well with him after all. I honestly felt ashamed for putting myself in an awkward situation such as this. I remember during this time I got a bit love struck. I wasn't eating as much, I was slightly anxious, I kept wondering on when she would see my next message, etc. I got over this feeling shortly after though and was able to enjoy my off time from college. There where a few occasions however where I would miss seeing her in person. But we still continued to talk via DMs occasionally throughout lockdown which kinda kept me company. At around last September, I think she took bit of a hiatus from the social media platform I was talking to her on however since we she wasn't really posting or liking stuff for a while, and she still hasn't seen my last message to her which was like a Hi type of thing. Anyways it was nearing the end of September 2020, we was all back at college and one of my friends had asked her if she had a crush on anybody and she said no but then she also said she wasn't too sure.

Anyways since we were all back at college, things seemed to carry on as normal (though it was a much smaller class this time since a lot of people had left). One thing I had noticed however is that her and my friend didn't really do anything particularly romantic should I say? I mean it didn't feel that much different since all the three of us are still pretty close. Around a week ago I asked my friend if he still had feelings for her to which he said yes but still hasn't ask her out as of yet. Even though I secretly had a crush on her, I still tried to motivate him, discuss things and help him out. Not because I want her to reject him, I just valued our friendship too much and I figured it would only help if I motivated him in something he wanted to gain, I mean everybody else had been doing it to. Not only that but I was slightly worried for his mental well-being if he was to wait too long (because it had been a year at this point since he confessed his love) and eventually be put in the friend zone. A couple days ago when me and her were alone after a college day I was talking to her about personal stuff that was bothering me recently and she seemed very understanding, eventually I asked her on how things where going between her and him since it was a while. And she said, he is a nice friend. She told me that she didn't want to ruin their friendship by getting into a relationship or something to which I kinda understand where she is coming from. Since it had been a year since he confessed to her and to this day he still didn't try and ask her out despite all the interactions they had together. Now I am not holding it against him at all, I completely understand the anxiety it takes to ask out a girl. But I figured it was pretty obvious to leave a girl hanging for over year after confessing would turn things a bit stale. And from what I see at the moment when I am at college, nothing substantial has really changed. I'm still stuck in between helping him out (which is probably a lost cause) or trying to make a move on her myself (which if it works out, may upset him, though if it does I'd absolutely try my best to keep things lowkey).

Now I'm gonna be 100% real with myself, I very much highly doubt she will ever see me in a romantic sort of way ever. I mean I have been friends with her for the same amount of time as my friend who likes her and everybody else. And she told me she figured it might ruin their friendship if they became romantically involved so why would it be any different with me? I'm just not sure because I can barely imagine her liking me back at all. In college she is normally pretty quiet and sensible. On the other hand I can be pretty wild and eccentric, cracking jokes occasionally (even dark ones at that). It still makes her laugh though. Physically we are very different. She is quite small, slender and healthy looking where as I am much taller and pretty beefy (since I tend to do a lot of weights, plus I have gotten a little thicc since lockdown to heh). She tends to dress more considerate and smarter, on the other hand I tend to dress a lot more casual and wear the typical clothes that is required for our course (black sweatpants, black t-shirts, etc). I really want to confess to her at some point but I have no idea how, I know this may seem hypocritical considering I was talking about my friend never actually asking her out either but the issue is, I have a lot more stuff going against me at the possible consequences that could occur. How would my friend feel if he found out? And since this is our final year of college because we are all going to uni next year. My friend (and my other friend) is going to the same uni as her (more than likely the same course too). I am on the other hand are going to an entirely different one. I would try and talk to her more via DMs, the issue is she still hasn't seen my last message. So I figure if I added another Hi, it would just seem weird.

And even if we did end up together which I highly doubt, I still couldn't imagine her liking someone like me in comparison to my friend. I just don't feel up to her standard at all and it's really making me doubt myself as a person. She is quite religious where as I am not. She also seems quite posh in the way she was brought up and seems like a very sensible and polite person that has been brought up in a good environment. Meanwhile the household I'm currently living is in a much more rougher part of town (I honestly abhor living here sometimes) though the street that I live on isn't too bad. It is home to my mum and her idiotic, alcoholic boyfriend to which they argue and fight 24/7, sometimes often getting physical too because of there drunken antics (TVs, doors, washing machines, mugs, you name it have all been smashed in the past). Everyday when they argue he would always talk about me and say nasty things about me, some of which vile, inexcusable, evil stuff. More often than not they would both be inviting tons of people in to our house (and trust me they aren't normal people at all, more like 'characters' if that makes sense), they would all get really drunk and be really loud all the time to the point where it really, really stresses me out. I just lock myself in my room and keep out of the way. Giving each other tattoos. Just the thought of it all stresses me out and I would absolutely do anything to move out but as of right I'm just not physically and financially able (I'll talk about this some other time in a different thread). I would absolutely hate bringing her into to this sort of environment because I feel like she might get the wrong impression on what I am like as a person. And even if I was with her and went to her house, I fear her parents might not be too fond of me either. It honestly really upsets me. At this point in time, I just have no idea what to do about the whole situation.

I do indeed like this girl very much and would love to take a chance with her however. On the weekends I do tend to miss her company quite a bit. I tend to cuddle my pillow a lot more than usual. I had a dream about her last night and the night before, and I am not sure if its my medication causing these dreams (antidepressants can give you pretty wacky dreams sometimes) or the fact that it's November. However I'm struggling on how and where I should break the ice to her considering she really isn't on much of the social media I have her on. I have honestly no real idea on how she feels about be aside from in a friendly way and its making me anxious seeking on what the outcome might be. If I do get rejected by her, I would for sure still be friends with her. I would still be awkward/embarrassed though at the fact I made an attempt with her, but I would love to stay friends with her considering on how much of a good friend she has been. I have just been pretty (okay very) anxious on how she see's me.

P.S sorry for this extremely long wall of text :/

bpd2020

bpd2020

It is quite difficult because she has not been on social media for a while so it seems you do not have a way of contacting her. I can understand you respect your friend and would not want to hurt him in any way. How would you feel about telling him you do not want to hurt him but you are thinking of telling her you like her? I wonder if that would be of some help.

I think you are selling yourself short. You are not your family and she would never need to come to your home if you did not want. You sound like you are polite, respectful and caring and they are wonderful qualities.

jajingna

jajingna

I can understand your being anxious there Mr Bond, so I think you've put this in the correct forum. These forums often overlap anyway. You like someone and think about every little thing, playing it over and over, you create a story over time with all these incidents, small or large. You are full of "what ifs" and you cannot know the answers without going through the awkwardness of revealing your feelings, though this is risky too. I guess I've been in your shoes a few times. I don't know what to tell you though. I fear you might regret it if you don't take that chance. At least that might relieve your obsessiveness somewhat, whatever the outcome.

M

MrBond007

Thank you very much bpd2020! That is so nice of you to say I have those qualities! I rarely ever get complimented at all so I do really appreciate that and I will cherish it

Anyways about me telling my friend if I like the girl he likes. I kinda forgot about this but around March-ish just before the lockdown. I was with my friend (who likes her) as well as my other friend, we was walking to a restaurant nearby to get some food. I can't remember on how the conversation went or came to be, but I remember my friend saying to himself that he probably should move on from her or something like that, and that he said she didn't see him in that way. I asked him as to why and so on and so fourth, I ended up asking him how would he feel If I asked her out (as a slight joke). And he (and my other friend) actually went on to say it is going against the "bro code" or something like that, to which honestly my first thought process was "But it takes two to make a relationship?". Me and her are both his friends anyway, so why would the blame be pinned mainly on me?

To be honest, since the entire class were egging them both on to be together and considering the class seems to always be biased against me, I can actually vividly imagine them all saying that I've stabbed him in the back or something stupid. Though they both was never official to begin with. And he literally had just announced that he wanted to move on. On the other hand, I have actually had experiences in the past where I have had an actual fling with a girl who I had such a big crush on (and she knew this prior each time), on two separate occasions. However neither time she said she didn't want to go out with me. Saying stuff like she wasn't ready for a relationship and that she wasn't going to be in one for a while. Yet 1-2 months later, she finds someone else. On one occasion I actually asked her I thought she wasn't going to be in one for a while, and she said she did but things just "happened". Essentially taking no responsibility for how it made me feel. I still didn't hold it against her though because I genuinely figured she just doesn't see me in that way .

Where as with me, If I so much was to ask a girl out who has never done anything or was never official with my friend to begin with, even after admitting he wants to move on and the fact that she told me she didn't see him in that way, it is going against the "bro code" and seen as backstabbing.

Anyways, I actually do have her phone number, but I would feel slightly awkward ringing her up out of the blue to say Hi (I rarely have any credit on my phone anyway). Though she knows me and my humor very well, so I would definitely give it ago actually. I could possibly start the conversation pretending to be a scammer or something haha and then continue the conversation.

N

Nukelavee

If he hasn't made a move yet, he's never going to.

Also -I had a similar situation years ago, where a friend and I both liked a girl in my class. I advised him to make his move, he got shot down, I felt bad enough I never asked her out formally, either, and just stayed friends. So I don't know if encouraging him is a great idea.

the bro code is a bit iffy, and as you said, doesn't take into account how the girl feels.

You can either just tell her how you feel, and risk a couple friendships, or keep the friendships and deal with having an unreturned crush. But - the best way is to just ask her out, on what is clearly a date.

DON'T fall into the trap of waiting for her through multiple relationships, hoping for "your turn". don't pretend to be a nice guy because you think it earns you the right for a date. Just be clear about how you feel, and accept the answer, if you decide to move forwards.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

From what you wrote she only likes you as a friend, but I could be wrong. Does she even like guys beyond friends?

My childhood best friend Angie and I grew up in religious conservative families. I wasn’t into relationships but she always had a new boyfriend and I heard all about them. We dressed like the typical rich kids. Backgrounds can be deceiving.

Don't think her parents wouldn't like you because they're religious. The liberal type of religious families are completely different than the conservative ones. Some people go to church for the social gatherings or because of their family.

I've liked my friends beyond the typical friendship parameters. One in particular, Nicole. We would fight about her boyfriends. I was low-key happier when her relationships would end. We would become closer and talk shit about him.

The one boyfriend I did like she ended up leaving him. He was cute, great smile, worked out, but he drank often till he passed out. The 3 of us would go hiking and out to eat. I liked him more than she did. 🤣

Body touching. Yes, that can lead to even stronger feelings. Nicole and I would hold hands while shopping and hold her while watching a scary movie. We even took showers together and rinse the dye out of our hair after coloring it for one another.

Months later I decided to tell her that I saw us more than friends. She was bipolar so we had that connection of acceptance and understanding on life with mental disorders. It felt amazing being myself around someone that actually understood.

Sadly after telling her our relationship went downhill. We had planned to go together to the LGBTQ pride festival. Last minute she made other plans with some guy. We spent an hour together at the festival then she left. We went out a few other times but she got serious with the guy and we never spoke again. 😔

I enjoyed the relationship with Nicole and wished it could have continued and grew. I'm happy I met her though and I wouldn't have done anything differently. It sucks to find a person you connect with when you can't be with them. I already hate that I can't change how I feel no matter what medications I take and rehab is a joke and doesn't help.

Whatever path you choose just be willing to accept the worse case scenario.

Good luck 007.

I enjoyed reading your post and welcome to the forums.

Z

Zoe1

I already hate that I can't change how I feel no matter what medications I take and rehab is a joke and doesn't help
isn't that discouraging for people who need rehab ?

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

isn't that discouraging for people who need rehab ?
How is expressing my feelings about taking medications and going to rehab discouraging for who need rehab? If others have the same experience then it's encouraging to know they're not alone.

Seriously, I'd feel worse if I was the only one that felt no different after rehab. Everyone saying shit like, OMG rehab was so awesome. I'm cured and smiling like joker 24/7. Woooohooooo.

Z

Zoe1

well you said rehab is a joke
which some people might take as applying to everyone
as you didn't say it was just your own experience

especially as you write so well
someone might think you are a professional

N

natalie

I also feel, that I wouldn't reveal your crush on her, you don't want to feel a fool.

i have been admirered by my strong mutual admirer, for many many years, and i have always always received his admiring in person affects, towards me. So over the years via his other work, he has very much let me have by sight ideas, how he has taken towards me, and I have accepted him in person, and also spiritually, so to speak. Thankfully, I have alwys felt towards h im.

I wouldn't reveal not for a long time yet about your crush, you don't want to be embarrassement towards oragainst your friend, who also admirers her I believe.

M

MrBond007

Thanks NukeLavee for responding and giving me some insight on your past experience to.

I'm just curious on what would be a better way of disclosing this to her. I mean I am pretty confident with her anyway, so I don't think saying it directly to her would be a problem for me as long as I'm with her alone. I'm just curious as to what would be best to ask/tell her? Shall I confess to her on how I feel before or after asking her out on a date? Because, I figured if I asked her out on a date before hand, that would perhaps warm her up to the idea a little bit. Also I want to make sure when me and her are alone, that we have a conversation about sort of relationships in general, that way it might be less awkward for me rather than just asking her out of the blue.

I was also thinking about telling her I like somebody (not telling her who it is though), and possibly talk about it with her, perhaps giving slight hints/indications I'm referring to her. And then afterwards, ask her out on a date eventually. I'm not really that anxious on what the outcome might be. I am more anxious of the fact that if I do ask her out, it may change her opinion on me as a person, since I have been pretty close with her for a good while. So I kinda hope it doesn't spoil our friendship, but I am willing to risk it.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but my friend has kind of put me in a precarious position considering he still likes her to this day yet has never made an actual move on her. Though even when in the first few months of him confessing to her, I (and other people) have told him, that if you're going to leave this for too long, you are going to be put in the friend zone and it seemed like this is exactly what had happened. Either way, If I do ask her out, and if something was to happen between me and her, again I'll try to keep things lowkey for the most part. I'd probably feel bad for him because he maybe slightly heartbroke but I honestly don't think he should blame me (or her) for getting together if we did. And that is a big if.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

I was also thinking about telling her I like somebody (not telling her who it is though), and possibly talk about it with her, perhaps giving slight hints/indications I'm referring to her. And then afterwards, ask her out on a date eventually. I'm not really that anxious on what the outcome might be. I am more anxious of the fact that if I do ask her out, it may change her opinion on me as a person, since I have been pretty close with her for a good while. So I kinda hope it doesn't spoil our friendship, but I am willing to risk it.
This made me laugh. If you're actually under the age of 12 this would be a tactic to use. But seriously don't.

Saying you like someone else when you don't is lying. This will create problems in the future. You don’t want her to think you got turned down and she's the runner up.

The other negative side effect is the obvious, you lied. That's a red flag for some people. Especially if they were in a relationship that ended because of constant lies. Most people suck at lying or remembering the lie months down the road. Just stick to honesty unless you're a master of deception.

Hints? Those are ineffective methods and could create misunderstandings between one another.

I'd take into consideration and compare your similarities and differences of one another. Then write down your favorite and least favorite things to do and along with hers.

N

Nukelavee

This made me laugh. If you're actually under the age of 12 this would be a tactic to use. But seriously don't.

Saying you like someone else when you don't is lying. This will create problems in the future. You don’t want her to think you got turned down and she's the runner up.
Wow. Me and Rex agree. that kind of tactic only works in movies. Like, for me, personally, hints don't work, it requires somebody being blunt or forward for me to get the idea they are honestly interested.

Also- my friend/neighbour has a besmitten creepy sorta stalker, who constantly tries the "I've found somebody, now you should be jealous" move on her, and she's always like So happy for you, now leave me alone!".

Personally, I think I am safely in the friendzone with her, even though some of her behaviour could imply an interest, because I find it hard to tell the difference between just being comfortable around somebody, vs them being actively interested. So, keep that in mind.

I feel like, if you want to go on an actual date, make it clear you are seeing this as an actual date.

Z

Zoe1

yes me too I find hints really really annoying
it takes up a lot of time and energy
wondering whether the hint is there
or if its me being paranoid or something

I get this in my family
and I prefer people who are able to be upfront
telling her a bit of the truth is not for her benefit
its for the sake of your own health
to get that out in the open and hear her response to it

if she turns you down you will still have grown from this
you'll learn more about your feelings
and you will find it easier to move on

M

MrBond007

Thank you all so much for all the responses everyone! They've been very helpful.

I do however have another question in concern to asking her out on a date however, and that is. What would be a good place to take her out on a date? Since our college is located in the town center so there are indeed a lot of places to go however virtually all the restaurants and most places are shut because of lockdown. There is a park nearby however and a ton of shops/markets that are still open. There is also a shopping mall that is still open (I think). I can't be sure if any of the cafe's are open though. Perhaps I could take her around there for a bit, possibly go into a few stores? Would that be a relatively reasonable choice for a first date?