• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Slept at last but now feeling bad

N

Nina24

Just woken up and first I feel happy that I slept in my bed, that is then instantly overtaken by self loathing of "how could you sleep for so long? Lazy" and feel guilt and shame again.
On top of that my body aches, from legs to a pain under my rib - where I'm convinced my liver has turned to mush. My ears are also buzzing.
Plan to try to take the dog for a walk, if I can get out of the house. I know that will make me feel better but it's fighting the negatively that I don't always win.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Just woken up and first I feel happy that I slept in my bed, that is then instantly overtaken by self loathing of "how could you sleep for so long? Lazy" and feel guilt and shame again.
On top of that my body aches, from legs to a pain under my rib - where I'm convinced my liver has turned to mush. My ears are also buzzing.
Plan to try to take the dog for a walk, if I can get out of the house. I know that will make me feel better but it's fighting the negatively that I don't always win.

Hi @Nina24.

No need to feel guilty - It's Saturday...and a lockdown Saturday at that. :hug: Your body has had the rest it needed, which is a GOOD thing!

Enjoy your walk - sounds to me as if your day is going well - just ignore that damning voice in your head and have a good day x

N

Nina24

[QUOTE="Lunar Lady,
No need to feel guilty - Your body has had the rest it needed, which is a GOOD thing!
just ignore that damning voice in your head and have a good day x
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lunar Lady
Think my body has other ideas though as the pain under my ribs has turned up a notch, feels like someone's turning a knife. Hot water bottle and see how it goes.

(That voice in my head is a hundred plus people in my life who have ever told me I'm not good enough - I want to ignore and get past it, that's why therapy and here, but it's so difficult - wish there was a switch "happy, no issues".

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

[QUOTE="Lunar Lady,
No need to feel guilty - Your body has had the rest it needed, which is a GOOD thing!
just ignore that damning voice in your head and have a good day x
Thanks Lunar Lady
Think my body has other ideas though as the pain under my ribs has turned up a notch, feels like someone's turning a knife. Hot water bottle and see how it goes.

(That voice in my head is a hundred plus people in my life who have ever told me I'm not good enough - I want to ignore and get past it, that's why therapy and here, but it's so difficult - wish there was a switch "happy, no issues".
[/QUOTE]

Choose your voice, Nina! I have Morgan Freeman talking to me in velvety tones when I'm anxious and Arnold Schwarzenneger when I'm feeling like a failure. :hug:

Sorry to hear about the pain under your ribs - maybe tension or anxiety...your walk might help xxxx

T

treasurebox

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Gosh I relate to you with that voice. It’s so intrusive and awful. The biggest critic in my life is the intrusive voice in my head. Medication can only do so much to get rid of it. Sending positive energy your way :)

N

Nina24

[QUOTE="Lunar Lady,

Choose your voice, Nina! I have Morgan Freeman talking to me in velvety tones when I'm anxious and Arnold Schwarzenneger when I'm feeling like a failure. :hug:
[/QUOTE]

Just listened to Arnold Schwarzenneger, love it! I'm going to try to take it on board :thanks:

Jam1990 thanks for understanding, I haven't developed the ability to ignore my biggest critic yet.
Still going through therapy and about to start talking about past traumas so hopefully its something that can be laid to rest soon.