• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sleepphones have helped me

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

I'm in the midst of recovering from an on-going bad spell in my mental health and have found that this product called 'sleepphones' has really helped me. They are made in America and I bought mine from their website about a year and a half ago - but I think Amazon does them too.

They are basically 'headbands' that go around your head and have headphones made with padding inside of them meaning that you can comfortably fall asleep with your sleepphones on.

I use them for listening to white noise/ambient sounds when I'm stressed out or wanting to block out noises during sleep.

I would reccomend people give them a try, I would be lost without mine.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I bet they'd mask my tinnitus, do you plug them into tablet like headphones?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh thanks for the recommendation - i'd like to be able to fall asleep listening to my nature sounds but find that it's too uncomfortable with my current headphones.
I'll have to look them up... i'm glad they've helped you too, by the way. :)

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

Yes, I have tinnitus too and find listening to certain sounds like waves tends to tone it down a bit - they also block out everyday noises to a degree and because they are padded/soft it doesn't hurt your ears when sleeping.

They do wireless ones too if you don't like wires but the wires are made of string so there's no way they can snap. I bought a bundle for about £35.00 (something like $42.00) because the headphones were like £23 at the time on their own and with the bundle you got a teddy for keeping the headphones inside, a small pouch of lavender and a CD with sounds.

I think they are a lot cheaper now so hoping to buy a second pair as the current ones I have are getting a bit big for my head :)