Sleeping With The Enemy ~ Within!

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

:D Absolutely brilliant! I can't believe what I've come across. If ye've never sampled this? Go For It!​

Plain truth is; I don't sleep well, to start with. Once I get out, I tend to wake, following a horrible phase of unhappily dreaming. Then, I'll lay there, maybe for Hours, dreading some nebulous thing, which I can only really describe as Life!

I'm sure plenty of us need no further explanation of That shit?!

Well, last night, I'm drifting around Youtube. God knows how I came up with Ten Hours of fucking Thunder Storm?! But, I did.

Clicked it. Listened to a moment, or two, of rolling thunder, and pissing rain. It just sounded Right! So right, in fact, that I made the mad decision, there and then, to play it All Night!

Got on the futon. Cuddled my Cuddle Pup. Blissfully listened to rolling thunder and pissing rain.

Woke up, eight hours later. Snap! Fully alert. Languishing in the beautiful sound of thunder and rain. Allowed myself a few seconds more of it. Told the Dogs it was time we rock and rolled. Got up, ready to face the world....!

Interestingly; Even since starting this post, I've been on mike to my friend in NZ. She too has PTSD. I linked her to the thunder.

She's like; " Oh .....yeah! ..... Oh! God, Yeah!!! " :D

And, it seems like there's Loads of this sort of shit, out there? Dig In, people! Try some!

TL;DR?

L

Lunar Lady

So pleased you've found something that helps you sleep.

I've played the storm track many a time to settle my son down for the night - he says the sound of thunder and rain makes him feel all safe and cosy - first hint of thunder and lightning and he leaps into bed with the curtains pulled open...why, I don't know, as he's usually asleep within minutes.

There's birdsong and babbling brooks for you to try next, Chris.

Nothing works for me, unfortunately. I don't worry about it too much - just potter around all night doing odd jobs until I feel ready to drop. Usually sleep from 5 am to 7.30 am and that has to do.

Here's one for you for the cold, winter nights - eight hours of crackling fire sounds :D Possibly not that relaxing if you wake up thinking the house is on fire....

L

Lunar Lady

or if you're too hot...or want to pretend you're on a long haul flight.....

L

Lunar Lady

Blimey! There IS a plane cabin one! :LOL: