• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sleeping too much

Talula67

Talula67

Hi
I enjoy oversleeping as I feel it helps me escape. I know its healthy to have a balance and implement the five ways to well-being but sometimes I like to put on a meditation on YouTube and like to escape in it and always end up sleeping.

I work full time but really enjoy doing this when I am on leave as I also feel it's giving my body a rest as sleep is when we heal .

Just my opinion ... Although I'm starting on a health kick tomorrow and charging my Fitbit ready 🙂. I am comfort eating like a 🐷🐖🐽. And none of my clothes fit me, so my habits are changing. "A day at a time" hopefully.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Does the problem of oversleeping pass :confused:
Not for me it doesnt .I guess it is because sometimes I can go through nights without sleeping which makes me tired so i need to go and sleep to catch up.I did sleep through the entire weekend i think it is from depression cause that happens a lot,nothing to do or see.Even if i knit i get very bored later on.

Barny67

Barny67

I like many either sleep too much or not at all, I prefer to sleep too much obviously. This has happened a lot over time & seems to correct itself for a while but then it starts again. I too mediate and it’s seems to help I think.

T

treasurebox

Yes. It will.

Music helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube.

Also, do what you love doing or what you are good at. It will do good to you and make you happy.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Yes. It will.

Music helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube.

Also, do what you love doing or what you are good at. It will do good to you and make you happy.
I love music like the Carpenters,Petula Clark,Katy Perry.K.D.Lang among others, I do a lot of knitting and crocheting and I do most of that when I cannot sleep at night,right now I am doing a afghan for my daughter I am putting it away for Christmas.

NewDecember

NewDecember

I am on and off. My psychiatrist says I am not bipolar. I want to sleep all day, not got to office, not answering phone, do not take showers for a week, then I become normal, not mania, go to work, being functional, sociable...

April and July was hard for me last 3 years. I do not know whether this is episode, bipolar... I am on med for the last 12 years. It does not seem to help, but I do not want to go through what I went through 3 years ago.

I do not know I am severe or mild, I seem to be ok, then about twice a year, I fall. I used to self medicated with liquor. I am sober 13 years now. I got our of alcoholism, and fell into another hole, mental illness. I do not know which came first, but all I know is that I can not drink. Lesser evil, I will surely be dead in 3 month if I pick up a bottle. Maybe I will last longer with mental illness.

J

Jono

Is anyone on here taking 45mg of mirtazapine and if so how is it working ?

J

Jono

Yes. It will.

Have you had any experience of the 45mg of mirtazapine as I’m due to be put on them next week ?. I was just wondering if that will stop the sleepiness as I’m led to believe it will