• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sleeping too much

Talula67

Talula67

Hi
I enjoy oversleeping as I feel it helps me escape. I know its healthy to have a balance and implement the five ways to well-being but sometimes I like to put on a meditation on YouTube and like to escape in it and always end up sleeping.

I work full time but really enjoy doing this when I am on leave as I also feel it's giving my body a rest as sleep is when we heal .

Just my opinion ... Although I'm starting on a health kick tomorrow and charging my Fitbit ready 🙂. I am comfort eating like a 🐷🐖🐽. And none of my clothes fit me, so my habits are changing. "A day at a time" hopefully.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Does the problem of oversleeping pass :confused:
Not for me it doesnt .I guess it is because sometimes I can go through nights without sleeping which makes me tired so i need to go and sleep to catch up.I did sleep through the entire weekend i think it is from depression cause that happens a lot,nothing to do or see.Even if i knit i get very bored later on.

Barny67

Barny67

I like many either sleep too much or not at all, I prefer to sleep too much obviously. This has happened a lot over time & seems to correct itself for a while but then it starts again. I too mediate and it’s seems to help I think.

T

treasurebox

Yes. It will.

Music helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube.

Also, do what you love doing or what you are good at. It will do good to you and make you happy.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Yes. It will.

Music helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube.

Also, do what you love doing or what you are good at. It will do good to you and make you happy.
I love music like the Carpenters,Petula Clark,Katy Perry.K.D.Lang among others, I do a lot of knitting and crocheting and I do most of that when I cannot sleep at night,right now I am doing a afghan for my daughter I am putting it away for Christmas.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Carol1952 Sleeping a lot due to depression Depression Forum 11
Q Dealing with over sleeping Depression Forum 9
C Sleeping to escape, obsessive parents. Depression Forum 2
R Trouble Sleeping Again Depression Forum 6
R Trouble Sleeping Depression Forum 3
J Wow I took a sleeping pill and I feel great! My last post was doom Depression Forum 20
C I cried too hard Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
W I'm in denial and too scared to ask for help Depression Forum 6
Hardknocks88 Too much control. Depression Forum 3
C Could expecting too much be making me feel miserable Depression Forum 10
trueloveseeker Pretty Extreme Depression From Basically Being Alone For Too Long Depression Forum 3
B My body breaks down Serotonin too quickly.. Depression Forum 2
T Me too bored with life Depression Forum 11
Droid0669 Spending too much time in bed Depression Forum 4
Emmy I’ll be your friend for awhile, if you’ll be my friend too. Depression Forum 29
D How do I make myself do things when I’m too tired to do them because of depression Depression Forum 21
M Eating too much and boredom, suggestions? Depression Forum 3
D DUNNO IF ANYONE HAS FELT THIS TOO? Depression Forum 2
M I bring too much importance to fictional characters Depression Forum 8
Y not sure how too cope Depression Forum 8
A What if there’s too many things wrong with you? Depression Forum 8
D Depressed but too afraid to ask for help Depression Forum 2
Hello513 Nothing brings me joy anymore even the things that used too Depression Forum 14
S Is a bit of encouragement from parents too much to ask for? Depression Forum 2
C Drinking too much Depression Forum 5
L I don’t know how much longer I can go on like this. Depression Forum 23
Hardknocks88 How much life sucks. Depression Forum 6
A Celexa and topiramate withdrawal: I can’t take much more of this, idk what to do. Depression Forum 1
B Struggling so much. Depression Forum 10
M Am I living wrongly because I suffer so much? Depression Forum 4
Carol1952 I am missing my family so much.Which is making me depressed Depression Forum 8
S Should I prioritize much needed self-care above reuniting with the guy I feel most deeply for? Depression Forum 5
DistantOcean Pretty much ready to blow my brains out (not really) Depression Forum 10
M How much have you spent without having anyone to talk ? Depression Forum 7
L How much can a young mind like mine take before it explodes Depression Forum 1
wollie Have you eaten much today Depression Forum 16