• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

sleeping through depression

P

pinkcat24

I sleep on and off all day and sleep all night too. When I wake its usually to eat and I have about two days a week when I have to do things so I get up then.

Since I was diagnosed with psychotic depression, I got prescribed medication that made me balloon with weight gain. I am huge now and now have been diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

My next step would be to get a part-time job, but I am scared of the commitment. I have no aims apart from wondering when I will pass away. Whenever I try and do anything it leads to more depression as I am so far away from where I want to be, I think I'm past the point of no return. I am ashamed of my appearance, ashamed of my lifestyle and have withdrawn from a lot of relationships, although I still put on a facade for some people.

Has anyone else got this low? I can't seem to stay awake if I'm on my own in my flat no matter what else I have to do - bed beckons and its pull is overwhelming.

K

kt456

I understand how you feel about the feeling ashamed of your appearance and life and withdrawing from people. This is the same for me. I suppose the best way of coping varies for different people, but my current plan to deal with how I feel is to find a new hobby. Something not too stressful, and where there aren't too many people. I suppose for me its a distraction, and a way of trying to build a new friendship as I seem to have removed myself from existing ones.

Re getting a part time job, what about getting with an agency? Then you;re not too committed and you can work when you want for as long as you want. You could start off just doing a week holiday cover somewhere, something like that and see how you go.

Good luck with everything :)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
When I had my last bout of major depression even doing daily activities became such a chore and overewhelmeing.

Part of my recovery was to do things slowly and aim for little things rather than big things to start with.

Take care and good look with the job. Agency can be a good option and gives you inital flexibilty with the oppetunity to look for somewhere that you could settle?

Take care

Intel:flowers:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
Bezerker Best way to relax before sleeping Depression Forum 5
C Sleeping all the time Depression Forum 3
L I was already depressed, then my boyfriend died next to me while we were sleeping. Depression Forum 16
J Sleeping too much Depression Forum 8
Carol1952 Sleeping a lot due to depression Depression Forum 22
Q Dealing with over sleeping Depression Forum 9
C Sleeping to escape, obsessive parents. Depression Forum 2
R Trouble Sleeping Again Depression Forum 6
G Im 19 and going through a breakup from a 3 year relationship Depression Forum 5
L does anyone feel they are going through the day like floating soul? Depression Forum 31
U I can’t get through this Depression Forum 9
F Depressed Girlfriend is going through a hard time Depression Forum 8
Louizard Losing a loved one, how do I get through this? Depression Forum 2
R Feeling lower every day from all I've been through Depression Forum 14
R Trying to make it through the day Depression Forum 4
M Went for walk to feel better. / couldn’t go through with it Depression Forum 13
I I went through divorce and oh my god Depression Forum 8
DistantOcean Hard time getting through the night Depression Forum 4
MeAndMyDepression Is your depression getting worse, staying the same, or improving? Depression Forum 12
2 27&Depression Depression Forum 3
W Need to support son with depression Depression Forum 5
W Money, Debt and Depression where I am at :( Depression Forum 2
Winters Depression and work? Depression Forum 8
H Depression and home life Depression Forum 8
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
E Relationships with depression Depression Forum 10
T Depression and the Purpose of Pain Depression Forum 6
F Depression or maybe anxiety... looking to control it before it gets worse Depression Forum 8
I My girlfriend has depression and broke up with me Depression Forum 8
M Break ups and major depression(s) Depression Forum 17
G The Psychedelic drug trial - Depression Depression Forum 4
C Depression and existence Depression Forum 5
P Unsure if it’s depression but it’s not going away Depression Forum 6
E Cyclical depression Depression Forum 14
B Depression acting like a fog on my brain right now. I want it to go away. Depression Forum 2
K Depression and intrusive thoughts Depression Forum 4
K High functioning depression Depression Forum 25
whyme88 Overthinking/anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 11
K Birthday depression Depression Forum 17
C Depression... and anxiety? Depression Forum 13
Lexara How did you start to deal with depression? Depression Forum 7
F Coping with depression Depression Forum 5
BONE Depression Quote... Depression Forum 5
BONE A Quote On Depression... Depression Forum 1
TooMuchPain Does anyone actually beat depression? Depression Forum 19
V Depression Depression Forum 16
H Supporting someone with depression Depression Forum 2
MeAndMyDepression Examples of weakening the meaning of the word "depression" Depression Forum 23
W How do you motivate yourself when you have depression? Depression Forum 8