• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

sleeping patterns

J

justlikeawoman

I posted this on the national forum last night and thought i would post it locally too:-

am an expert insomniac
i have a medical condition which prevents me from sleeping. i get so little sleep. a friend gave me a sleeping tablet about two years ago and i got a night's sleep and it was sooooo nice. something i havent experienced for years.
but that was a one off. as my physical illness causes depression i eventually got my psychiatrist to give me zolipdem. i promised him i would only take half a pill a couple of times a week. the first few times i took it i have to admit it did aid my sleep but i have to say that is now declining and i am getting back to little or no sleep again.
i have increased the pill to half a pill three times a week. the problem is that the dosage is probably not working and i am trying so hard not to resort to increasing the strength of the pill.
i get very distressed from no sleep and my concentration is very poor.
i sympathise with anyone who doesnt sleep.
while medication may help personally it isnt the way i would truly recommend
i have also tried kalms and didnt find them any good. in fact the first time i took them i didnt sleep well but when i did go asleep and woke up i felt very ill.
i can understand why doctors dont like giving sleeping pills - desperation for a decent sleep could so easily cause somebody to take too much.
that's my opinion anyway.
yawn
sweet dreams

R

reni

I posted this on the national forum last night and thought i would post it locally too:-

am an expert insomniac
i have a medical condition which prevents me from sleeping. i get so little sleep. a friend gave me a sleeping tablet about two years ago and i got a night's sleep and it was sooooo nice. something i havent experienced for years.
but that was a one off. as my physical illness causes depression i eventually got my psychiatrist to give me zolipdem. i promised him i would only take half a pill a couple of times a week. the first few times i took it i have to admit it did aid my sleep but i have to say that is now declining and i am getting back to little or no sleep again.
i have increased the pill to half a pill three times a week. the problem is that the dosage is probably not working and i am trying so hard not to resort to increasing the strength of the pill.
i get very distressed from no sleep and my concentration is very poor.
i sympathise with anyone who doesnt sleep.
while medication may help personally it isnt the way i would truly recommend
i have also tried kalms and didnt find them any good. in fact the first time i took them i didnt sleep well but when i did go asleep and woke up i felt very ill.
i can understand why doctors dont like giving sleeping pills - desperation for a decent sleep could so easily cause somebody to take too much.
that's my opinion anyway.
yawn
sweet dreams
I dont have any problems sleeping. The pills I take make me sleep very soundly, so much so that I find it hard to wake up in the morning. I would hate to lie awake all night and spend all that time alone.
I am sorry for you.
:hug:

M

maudikie

I dont have any problems sleeping. The pills I take make me sleep very soundly, so much so that I find it hard to wake up in the morning. I would hate to lie awake all night and spend all that time alone.
I am sorry for you.
:hug:
Snore, snore, Snore!