• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Sleeping and anxiety symptoms

S

Steff1990

Hi everyone
Hope you're all staying safe.
I am writing this at 3.20am as I just cannot sleep due to I'm guessing my anxiety. I've tried for the past hour and a half to sleep but I just can't my mind is in overdrive.
Basically when I try to go to sleep my body just feels like it's crawling underneath if that makes sense? And I can't hear my heartbeat so loud in my ear too which doesn't help. And I just feel so restless and it's not a nice feeling all. Has anyone else experienced the crawling sensation? My whole body just feels jittery and its just awful I hate it. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this at night time? Also if you have any tip and tricks to help sleep at night? Thanks everyone 🤗

OCDguy

OCDguy

Regarding going to sleep, I try to slow my thoughts and breathing down, to the point where I just don't have any thoughts. Relax the body to the point it sinks into the matress/pillows, and the matress/pillows hugs/supports it. Then sleep, and if sleep doesn't come just relax with a book/music. If the body needs sleep, it will surely happen...

DMARXX

DMARXX

I get the same thing. My body feels jittery and edgy and I can't keep still. then I get flipping feeling in my stomach. But I'm so utterly tired but unable to sleep. It's hard to cope with.

S

Steff1990

Regarding going to sleep, I try to slow my thoughts and breathing down, to the point where I just don't have any thoughts. Relax the body to the point it sinks into the matress/pillows, and the matress/pillows hugs/supports it. Then sleep, and if sleep doesn't come just relax with a book/music. If the body needs sleep, it will surely happen...
Thank you.