• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sleep!!!

N

Nutter_09

I'm sure this is a biggie for a lot of you and has prob been asked before but I really need to sort out my sleep:

:eek: I am always soo tired even though I don't do much
:mad: Im awake at night and find it hard to switch off
:eek: I wake up sweating
:mad:I then always wake up soo early and end up dozing till lunch time

Even if I wake up early and stay up all day I still find I am unable to settle at night and am so exausted and frustrated!!

Some nights, like tonight I am really tired but have so much going on in my head. I think about going out for a walk as I hate being stuck in my room.

I have tried hot milk, baths, excersize, relaxing music etc and I have no sleeping pills left (which don;t help much either!!)

Any advice??

Wynn

Wynn

I sympathise - my daughter has been like this her whole life. We have yet to find a 'magic cure', but one thing I have heard about (but we have not yet tried) is to totally reset your body clock over a 24 hour period. Basically it involves going to bed an hour later each night, until eventually you are sleeping during the day, then continuing until you get around to a 'reasonable' evening bed time. Doing this is meant to reset your internal clock. It would take a long time (and is impractical if you have to work everyday!), but I suppose it might work? :sleep: