• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sleep Paralysis/Other patterns

R

rabina

I was wondering if anyone has experienced sleep paralysis?
I experienced it once before the "voice" began and it was your typical
alien like figures at the edge of my bed.
I could not move my body and was filled with intense fear.
Upon waking the next morning, I felt like I hadn't slept the entire night and proceeded to seek out books on alien encounters.
I was told that it actually only lasts a few minutes, but I have to disagree.
For atleast 3 weeks after this incident I could not move my body normally; still felt like I was somewhat paralyzed.
I later learned that I had a 100% blocked carotid at the age of 48 which is young according to the doctors.
Medical testing was done and it appeared other arteries in my neck were supplying enough blood to my brain.

Previous to this I sensed something "evil" and that's the best word for it; I felt it inside and didn't understand it, but asked God to deliver me from whatever it was.
I became physically ill after that.

I find it interesting when googling sleep paralysis that the "dreams" are all the same; aliens or a heavy feeling of something sinsister upon ones body.

How can "all" have the same dream?

Curious to know if anyone has noticed any patterns previous to hearing voices?

I should add that an mri, mra, ultra sound and cat scan were done and there were no signs of stroke or other abnormalities found.

Also, (this is where words are important) a psychiatrist referred to the alien dream as delusional and the neurologist referred to it as "sleep paralysis." Upon telling the psychiatrist this was called sleep paralysis, she said she never heard of it. Uh???

parker

parker

No sleep paralysis is very distinct, you simply can not move. It is definitely a wierd feeling. It's been a few years since i've experinced it.

S

Spirit

I had that happen to me two (possibly three though I'm not sure about the one) different times! It's nice to know I wasn't the only one. There was this shadowy like figure at the end of my bed, I was frightened beyond comprehension, and I just could not move which was even more frightening because I remember trying each time.

I pass it off to a bad spiritual experience, I didn't know about voices back then so it's hard to tell if it was or wasn't related though to my credit there was a lot of weird crap happening in the house around that time.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had sleep paralysis on Wednesday night about 3am.I used to get it a lot in my late teens.Its always a frightening experience. I'm 37 now and thankfully I dont get it very much now.
I read recently that sleep paralysis is very common with schizophrenics.My latest experience was complete inability to move accompanied by loud auditory halucinations and vague shadowy visuals.Also I could feel vibration in my head.
I'm wondering if my meds arent working so great now?Could this be a precursor to psychosis?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hmmm no response.I suppose I'll have to stick to the schizophrenia forum.:low:

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
this is a really old thread, maybe that is why no one has answered. :scratcheshead:
xxx

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah its a really old thread.Not as old as long as I've been on the forum.I thought it would get a few responses.Maybe this is a shite forum?

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
maybe ask a mod to move it to a new thread for you?